Barksdale Twitter

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Texas_Tiger, Dec 17, 2009.

1. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

I don't know bhelm, that's a damn strong statement. If he did indeed send it. "Another reason" and "biggest mistake of my life", that doesn't sound like someone not happy just because he wont be home for Christmas, but I hope I'm wrong.

2. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

His girlfriend posted it according to Barksdale. So either he is lying or he didn't feel it was necessary to post the message and she took the initiative.

Who cares if he meant it or not. He is homesick and frustrated he is stuck here while his family is together. Maybe he tied it into him getting a broken jaw his 1st week on campus, etc...

Why does a kid have to get bashed for making a mistake after apologizing and coming to his senses? Seems to me he is under enough anguish as it is so let him live his life like he pleases without grown men hanging on his every word. Maybe that is just me...

2 people like this.
  3. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

I don't think anyone's intent is to bash him. It just is a very strange and seemingly harsh statement to make if you are actually happy being at LSU.

1 person likes this.
  4. Fritzz

Fritzz Founding Member

You should have tried NAM over a few holidays.

1 person likes this.
  5. bhelmLSU

I am not saying he is happy at LSU or not. Just that he made his amends and all the boards are fuming about a kid making a frustrated statement.

I think he has done all he can do and shouldn't suffer more for it.

His experience here has had down moments from the get go like being punched in the face his 1st week on campus and getting homesick. But how unhappy can someone be with the minutes he has received on the field, winning a NC, and has made a case to become a high NFL draft pick?

Just a little perspective...

I wish him well.

1 person likes this.
  6. Fritzz

Fritzz Founding Member

I'm not going to bash him, as I know where he is coming from. It sucks for the first time you are away from your family over a holiday. You have a empty feeling and feel alone.

7. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Dumb to post on the internet, but not surprising... I've heard rumblings of him being unhappy ever since he got here.

1 person likes this.
  8. bhelmLSU

Someone was trying to stir it up even more according to this report . I never say the 3rd text...

LSU's Barksdale causes stir with Twitter remarks

9. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

This is a college kid who is homesick and frustrated. Think of some of the posts we adults make during a game, just because we're losing a game. Emotion gets the best of us sometimes.

3 people like this.
  10. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Excellent!

1 person likes this.