Barksdale Twitter

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Texas_Tiger, Dec 17, 2009.

1. QBLuke

QBLuke Hickey Da God

This has nothing to do with the school or the team or coach Miles, I think he was just distraught at the distance.

I got upset at myself for going to school so far from my hometown around the holidays a lot also. I'm sure he's happy to be a Tiger, just misses home when all the in-state kids get to drive home for the day.

1 person likes this.
  2. TigerBacker70

TigerBacker70 I'm the Cock of the Walk!

I didn't see anybody bashing him except the one post which I didn't take very seriously.

Unless any of us has spoken directly to Barksdale, we have no idea if he truly meant what he said or said it out of frustration and being home sick. We don't know if something happened on the team that prompted this, if he was drunk and Tweeting out of his ass, or what the real situation is. Unless I hear different I'll have to take him at his word. Was the team actually at practice at the exact time this was posted? Even if so, that doesn't mean he couldn't have posted it.

Most of us have learned the hard way that words once spoken (or in this case broadcast over the internet for the entire world to see) can never be unspoken, no matter how many time we say we didn't mean it. Especially those of us who are married.

I wonder if this will be the end of this.

3. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Hope so, but kinda makes you wonder his unhappiness is part of the reason the o-line under achieved. Did he give 100% effort on every play? Are recruits gonna see think twice about coming here after hearing a veteran O-lineman say what he said.

I did see clip about this on the national news (ESPN). Thankfully, they just glossed over it because of Chris McHenry.

4. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to TigerBacker70 again.

and this was the second time in this thread. :hihi:

5. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

lets not get crazy, that was a collective failure.

6. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Well, coaches and the sid confirmed that Barksdale was at practice when the first two tweets occurred.

7. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

If it was the girlfriend who posted it, that's pretty messed-up on her part. Regardless, it looks bad.

8. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

It's always hoes creating drama. Look at the Tiger Woods situation.

9. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

Whether or not he wrote that tweet, I forgive him, I think he's very a very valuable asset to our football team, I hope he has a great Christmas afterall and I hope he continues to contribute to this football team.

He has had a rough time at times at LSU. He got his freakin' jaw broken by his own teammate his first week or two on campus for crying out loud.

Stick around, JB....I, for one, enjoy watching you play and look forward to watching you play in the NFL some day soon.

10. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Henry

This barksdale dude was never happy here. this comment isnt so great for recruits on the fence.

the biggest problem is the just another reason crap.

just another reason you were overrated. cant even come up with a decent excuse.

lame.