Barrington Edwards is on the team

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by studentsect, Jun 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. studentsect

studentsect Founding Member

talked to my buddy on the team. Edwards was in Saban's doghouse, now he's out and will be here next year. Don't care if you believe me or not. Wait till the sh*t clears and you'll see that I am right. Also, Kuale bumped in to me at the Bogie's tonight and I swear he's the scariest guy I've ever seen.

I'm not going to name my source, but if I am wrong on this I won't post any more.

2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

its a bulletin board. post what u wish and let the whiners decide what they think is worthy or not. thanks for the info....even though youre making it all up. heh :thumb: :thumb:

3. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Yeah, you actually asked the guy and reported where you got the info from, hopefully it is correct and BE can get everything straight with Nick. Thanks for the effort on our behalf.

4. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

Why won't the local media simply call the SID and ask if Edwards is still on the team? Channel 9 reported it from anonymous sources and the radio talk shows ran with it. Is it really that difficult to get an official quote from LSU?

If the SID responds with anything other than YES, then we'll know something is going on...

5. tigerfanintampa

tigerfanintampa Founding Member

This has been a strange situation. Someone made the analogy that this was like the Robinson situation. It looks like that is the case. Though never officially off the team, BE was extremely close to getting kicked off. He has apparently gotten back in Saban's good graces and will need to tow the line in order to stay there. It's up to BE now to do what needs to be done. My feeling is that any more transgressions and he's gone.

6. studentsect

studentsect Founding Member

Dandy Don has my back

Don is reporting that Barrington is still on the team, about 8 hours after I said it. All hail me.

7. tiger fan 2001

tiger fan 2001 Founding Member

Well good!! BE is on the team and you are still a poster!! :tigerhead :champs:

8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Often a player gets in the coach's doghouse for issues related to attending class and making his grades. It would be against the law for the school or the coach to make a public comment about a students academic record. The first time we will likely hear any official word about transfers and drop-outs will be when LSU lists the players that report in August.

This happens every year. Last summer three quarterbacks transferred or quit.

9. ramah

ramah Founding Member

From Don Long ...

I want to apologize for being among the news media to report that Barrington Edwards is no longer a member of the LSU football team. I am very happy to report that I made an error. I hope that Barrington has a huge season and helps lead LSU to another national title.

Yeah, buddy ... who you gonna call if the #1 RB goes down ... god forbid

Barrington Edwards will get his carries and see playing time ... we can only hope for another shot at a National title ...

reserves the quality of Barrington Edwards just may get LSU that title shot.

10. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

I don't think it's against the law to answer a simple question about a player being on the team. Disclosing the reasons why they are no longer on the team may be against the law, but simply saying a player is or is not on the team isn't a problem.

I just find it odd that the media reported it, but won't go to the source for a response ... even if that response is NO COMMENT.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.