Barrington Edwards is on the team

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by studentsect, Jun 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Turbotigerfan

Turbotigerfan Founding Member

Hell, I’m just happy BE is still on the team. Man… what I see is an LSU football team that will be accused of running up the score in the fall, because when the first team comes off the field after the first possession of the third quarter and the scrubs are put in, the scrubs will be every bit as good as the first team but a lot fresher. It’s going to be scary. :geaux:

2. tigerfanintampa

tigerfanintampa Founding Member

Nobody on this team is a "scrub".

3. Tiger1958

Tiger1958 Founding Member

"Someone ought to do a story on irresponsible media that do unconfirmed stories about a player," Saban said while visiting the State Capitol, where the football team and other LSU teams and coaches were honored for their seasons by the Senate and the House of Representatives.

"That's really unprofessional," Saban said. "I think everybody has a responsibility to have more professionalism than that. And if anything about one of our players that somebody hears, or it's on the Internet, or there's some innuendo or rumor about it, they ought to get it confirmed. And if they can't do that, they shouldn't put it on TV."

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/sports/html/1E60BBD3-24CD-486A-8E29-3E348DE8B3C6.shtml

4. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

Thanks for the article. I forwarded it Channel 9 and suggested they apologize to Edwards.

5. ramah

ramah Founding Member

5th string Running Back ... BULL ****

By Glenn Guilbeau

[email protected]

BATON ROUGE -- Tailback Barrington Edwards is still on the LSU football team, contrary to a recent television report, LSU coach Nick Saban said Wednesday.

A Baton Rouge television station over the weekend said Edwards, a sophomore to be from Bowie, Md., had left the team for unspecified reasons. Then the story hit the various chat rooms and forums on the Internet.

"Someone ought to do a story on irresponsible media that do unconfirmed stories about a player," Saban said while visiting the State Capitol, where the football team and other LSU teams and coaches were honored for their seasons by the Senate and the House of Representatives.

"That's really unprofessional," Saban said. "I think everybody has a responsibility to have more professionalism than that. And if anything about one of our players that somebody hears, or it's on the Internet, or there's some innuendo or rumor about it, they ought to get it confirmed. And if they can't do that, they shouldn't put it on TV."

Saban said if Edwards had been kicked off the team, he would have made a statement or released something concerning that.

"He's not off the team," Saban said. "And to me it's not newsworthy. If he's off the team, I'll make an announcement of that."

LSU offensive guard Terrell McGill, who received a misdemeanor summons by LSU Police for simple battery in April, also remains on the team, according to Saban.

Edwards was one of three highly recruited freshmen to debut for the Tigers last season along with Justin Vincent of Barbe High in Lake Charles and Alley Broussard of Acadiana High in Lafayette. The 6-0, 205-pound Edwards of Bowie High School gained 169 yards last season on 41 attempts, mostly in relief duty in lopsided victories.

He gained 66 yards on 11 carries against Louisiana Tech, including a 32-yard run.

Against Arizona in his first game, Edwards gained 34 yards on nine carries. He also had 37 yards on eight carries against South Carolina. LSU beat Arizona, Louisiana Tech and South Carolina by a combined score of 141-30. Edwards, who also had five tackles on special teams, played in 12 games in some capacity.

Edwards exited spring drills as ...

the third running back on the depth chart ... :shock: :shock: :shock:

behind Vincent, the Sugar Bowl most valuable player who gained 1,001 yards last season, and Broussard, who gained 389 yards last season. Edwards rushed for 2,289 yards and 30 touchdowns in 2001 in his junior year of high school, leading Bowie to a 12-1 season and the state championship.

Edwards did not return a call to his residence Wednesday afternoon.

6. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Should we dig up the previous posts Ramah?

7. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

Wait...Ramah...LSU got a title shot? I thought...after the Ole Miss game...But...You said...

Oh, yeah...that's right...

;-)

8. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Ahhh.....TE....up to his old shenanigans.....tsk tsk

9. ramah

ramah Founding Member

every assclown needs a blowbuddy

Looks like true love :wink:

10. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

You sure are a big homophob aren't you? I think-as I've stated before-you've got some deep rooted latent fantasies...but I'll digress...I only took 3 or 4 PSYC classes at LSU...

ramah...great job of deflecting shining examples of your illustrious legacy of idiocy here on the board...

You remind me of that statue on Canal in Nawlins...think Confederacy of Dunces...

Keep thinking we'll forget how stupid you are...and at the same time, show off that humor and English you learned from the urinal stall wall of your local truck stop...Come to think of it, seems as if you might have taught some classes on the subject...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.