Barry Switzer mentions LSU

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by DallasLSU, Jul 5, 2006.

1. Robidoux87

Robidoux87 You call that a double?

Yeah, I guess you're right. Consider me on board. Let's hire the old guy who hasn't been involved with College Football in 20 years! Whoooooo!

2. Kjunsausage

Kjunsausage Founding Member

joe pa has almost 15yrs on barry. skip jumped the gun with the miles hire. it will play itself out and i will be here to remind you. damn i hope carr retires soon.

3. tigermark

tigermark Rematches suck!

The beauty of the internet. Always some "fans" hanging around just to bad mouth the coach. There are some for Brady (well, he may have earned a few of them :yelwink2: ), some for Miles (11-2 in the first year??? come on! :dis: ), and I'd bet there are a few eyeing the new Baseball coach :rofl: . It's such a safe bet. Just bad mouth every coach because eventually they will pretty much all get fired and you will look like a genius.

You missed it on Saban, but you and the others like you probably felt so vindicated, intelligent, and just all around superior to every other TF poster when Smoke got fired. While those of us with out such "small man syndrome" really wanted Smoke to turn it around and get us back to glory instead of going through the pain of switching coaches. He didn't and he needed to go, but that does not mean I felt good about it.

4. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

No one can rest on his laurels. Switzer has been away too long.

5. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

Tune in to Jimmy Ott's Pressbox show between 4 and 6 PM on 1210 AM or visit thescore1210.com; you'll find that plenty of people including the hosts and the callers agree with Kjunsausage about hoping that Carr retires soon (or Michigan just goes 7-5 and things take care of itself).

6. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

Doesn't make either of them right. In fact, I think it makes both the radio hosts and Kjun idiots...

And not because I disagree with them about Miles. But because based on what we've seen ( 11-2 season, SEC title game appearance after a disastrous hurricane), you cannot really bash Miles. The very fact he went 11-2 trounces anything negative you could say about him (play calling, substitutions).

And you can't knock his recruiting. It's on par with what Saban did...

7. LSUDeek

I agree. I'm just stating the fact that more than just a few internet azzes continue to hold anti-Les opinions.

I think Skip's handling of the hiring of CLM was terrible and deserves to be questioned. However, CLM's job performance, SO FAR, has been entirely acceptable, even great in my eyes.

The simple fact that Skyler Green got on a radio show and basically said Les's discipline was a joke ("It would be nice to get back to a disciplined program") should cause many eyebrows to raise. Again, and I've said this before, but Les wasn't exactly known for running the tightest ship at OSU. I've defended him for that on OU boards but let's face it, the news hasn't been positive about the discipline. That's just one thing that he can deservedly be criticized about, along with his handling of the quarterback situation.

Kjun is indeed an idiot, but that's because he doesn't know how to word his posts (or doesn't care). You have to earn goodwill before being negative. :grin:

8. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

When did Skyler say that? I'm curious because I have never heard that before? I've been out of loop for about two months, so maybe I missed it...

9. LSUDeek

It was around NFL draft time when he was interviewed by ESPN Radio after being selected by the Dallas Cowboys and he was asked how it would be to play for Bill Parcells.

10. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

So you are saying that he said "It would be nice to get back to a disciplined program" right? Of course the way I read that is that his college days are over and he would like to end up with a nfl program that resembles what he had at LSU with Saban and then Miles. Hence getting back into a disciplined program and routine.

What was the rest of what he had to say?