Barry Switzer mentions LSU

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by DallasLSU, Jul 5, 2006.

1. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

In all fairness to the coach, I wonder if Skyler Green doesn't say such a thing if he had received his desired amount of playing time.

Jimmy Ott has better sources than I do though.... and he knows more about other instances of discipline problems.

2. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

It was interpreted both by the hosts of the show and Jimmy Ott that he was basically implying that Miles's program was undisciplined. I can see how it could be interpreted a different way however.

I would be lying if I said I took away anything else from his interview.

3. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

so tirk's shock jock buddy was stirring the pot like usual

4. LSUfan71

LSUfan71 Founding Member

like 99 said, could this be a misunderstanding? Maybe get back to a program like LSU?

5. LSUfan71

LSUfan71 Founding Member

Ott a shock jock? I usually hear him downplay things. He is often quick to put a lid on unfounded info.

6. LSUGradin99

which makes people trust his info... then he occasionally stirs the pot by insinuating things.. what deek is talking about is a good example.

7. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

i heard a replay of the interview and he was definitely insinuating going to a parcells type system is going to be more similar to a saban type regime regarding structure/discipline.

this is nothing shocking as hitler ran a looser ship than saban and anyone following him would be viewed as more lax. Les has more critics because saban was regarded by the top people across the football landscape up to and including those at the nfl level. Les is not viewed by even his peers as a great football mind from what i gather. this makes him questioned much more by even the casual football fan. It doesnt help he comes across more like smoke than skip either when addressing such topics.

However, each have their own strengths and weaknesses and its two different approaches. Les has surrounded himself with a much better cast (imo) than did saban as his personality allows himself to put his ego aside. this makes for a much better work environment in the long run as long as the talent level remains on par yet this wont be known until it plays out exactly how good of a talent assessor he really is.

8. LSUfan71

LSUfan71 Founding Member

I haven't noticed that, I only listen about twice a week. I'm workin in the south part of town again so I'm always near his remotes, I just can't seem to find the energy.... Besides, he might recognize me from an incriminating photo op in Gainesville a few years ago :D

9. LSUfan71

LSUfan71 Founding Member

Papasan?

[​IMG]

10. LSUGradin99

Not saying it's a bad thing. It would be boring without such things. I enjoy his show too because he keeps it interesting and actally has a good bit of sports knowledge, unlike the other cooks on that station.