Barry Switzer mentions LSU

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by DallasLSU, Jul 5, 2006.

1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

actually he believes what he reports. i can vouch for that since ive never known him to say things just for shock value. unless its pertaining to a caller or something but not on LSU. he truly has little faith in Miles as a longterm football answer to the program. Pretty much for the reasons I stated above since his dad was a football coach for decades and Les isnt really given the proper respect among football people so to speak. he fails to see, however, that success can be attained different ways. bobby bowden is a good example. hes not a great football mind per se as much as a program runner yet he surrounds himself with great coordinators over and over and well, his record speaks for itself. the mark richts of the world werent found by accident.

2. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

:confused:

He handled it like it wasn't a controversy and it worked out wonderfully well I think.

3. Kjunsausage

Kjunsausage Founding Member

the very fact he went 11-2 with sabans talent shows nothing. get ready to start being happy about going to the independence bowls again. the radio host is correct and so are plenty of others who feel miles is in over his head here. damn i wish carr retires soon.

4. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

You are somehow discounting Miles just because he is using Saban's talent. We don't know how his talent will do.

What we do know is that he went 11-2. How many times did Saban win 11 games? Once? So how can you even compare them yet? And Miles did this after the biggest disaster hit the state in it's history. Did you watch what happened to the Saints post katrina? Other than the miracle at Carolina,they fell apart. And Haslett isn't exactly a "soft" coach....

My point is that you are somehow using the fact that Miles is using Saban's talent as a knock against Miles which makes no sense....

5. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

And in a few years, Miles will go 11-2 with his own recruits, and Sausageboy will say, "Imagine what Saban would have done with that talent".

Sad, in a way.

6. Kjunsausage

im not using this as a knock on miles (sabans talent). it was a bad hire before he ever took the field with lsu. you feel gooders on this board cant accept the facts. btw it also makes no sense to boast about miles for the 11-2 first season.

7. Kjunsausage

8. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

Makes no sense? The man led us to 11 wins after the biggest and most devastating hurricane hit our state( not to mention another long forgotten hurricane hit the "other" part of our state). What else do you want him to do? Lift up into the air and fly into the lockerroom after a win? Should he dissapear in thin air when going from his car to his office?

I mean, give me a break. You act like I am defending Miles and saying he's better than Saban. What I am saying is that there is no way you can honestly knock the man right now. He's been here for one year and has had a 11-2 season...He landed the biggest recruit in the past three years and he swiped him from Texas. He's off to a great start this year too...

So I ask, CajunSausage...Tell me exactly what Miles did wrong. Since you are so on top of coaching these days, tell me exactly what Miles didn't do and what he should have done and where has gone wrong so far??

9. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Miles is not a great football mind. I think it would be foolish to argue otherwise. But so what? Coordinators need football minds, coaches need to manage a program. And from what I've seen, Miles is great at managing our program.

He is not a real big discipline guy, although he does keep our guys mostly out of trouble. Every coach is going to have some players get out of line and Miles is no different, but he'll keep our program from looking like Thug U, the Criminoles etc.

10. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Elaborate.