Baseball @ Natchitoches (@ Shreveport), 6pm

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by PodKATT, Mar 10, 2010.

1. PodKATT

PodKATT Time to Put Your Pants On

2. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

WHAT?!?!?!?!?! are you friggin' kidding me!? i just passed up going to new orleans to see a really great band because i wanted my baseball fix.... damn.

3. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

step one: purchase a cell phone (with unlimited text)
    step two: create a twitter account and subscribe to LSUbaseball
    step three: find out the game is rained out before 10am

4. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

given the number of games lsu has played in the last ten days, this isnt so bad, especially given that we are down an arm. get the team another day of rest before going into the kansas series.

btw, kansas plays tulane in a 2 game mid-week series right after they play us. i guess tulane scheduled it that way so we could wear down kansas for em.:hihi:

5. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

yeah, it's my fault for not checking up... but seriously. i heard that show i missed was insane too. :bncry:

yeah nootch, guess i'll have to see what twitter is all about if it can prevent such catastrophic events from happening again in the future.

6. PodKATT

PodKATT Time to Put Your Pants On

[​IMG]
    I've seen the new demon logo, don't like it one bit.

I'm not trying to knock Natchitoches (a fine small LA town, their Christmas festival is well worth the drive), but I'm very glad this game got moved to Fair Grounds Field in Shreveport. Should be a great crowd on hand, not Zephyr Field numbers, but much more than Brown-Stroud would have held (though i hear they've made significant improvements lately.)

The Demons enter the week ranked 30th in Collegiate Baseball News (don't knock it, it's a good poll) and it's well deserved. Northwestern is 25-10, 12-5 in a decent Southland Conference featuring also ranked SELA (though they have not played each other yet) They're 8-6 against common opponents USM, ULM, USL, Alcorn, McNeese, Nicholls, and Centenary. They also have a huge road win against then-21 ranked T A&M in College Station. A few early Regional projections have them just on the outside of making it.

Their starter tonight, Luke Irvine, is coming off a 7 inning, 2 hit shutout on Friday (it should be noted NSU run-ruled UT-SA twice last weekend). The team as a whole is on a bit of a hot streak, raising the team average from .309 to .330 in the past six games.

Per last night's radio show Mahtook will sit these two games to recover from "illness" he was playing through last weekend. Also Gibbs will get a break and slot in at DH. Other lineup changes

Grant Dozar to C (only to relieve Gibbs tonight, he has locked the 3B spot)

Matt Gaudet to LF

Johnny Dishon to RF

Leon Landry will bat leadoff

Ott, Ranaudo, Bourgeois, Matulis, and Mahtook did not travel

Weather is very cloudy and cool, lows in the 50's tonight.

No TV

PITCHING MATCHUP
    LSU - Jr. RHP Daniel Bradshaw (4-0, 5.32 ERA, 23.2 IP, 8 BB, 14 SO)
    NSU - Jr. RHP Luke Irvine (4-2, 2.05 ERA, 52.2 IP, 18 BB, 74 SO)

7. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

pod, a friendly suggestion....

you might want to edit you first post to put something at the VERY BEGINNNG that the game thread for today starts in a later post. I saw rain out and almost had a conniption fit until i realized it was the original game thread from over a month ago.:eek:

8. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

today is matty ott's birthday. not trying to jinx anything, but i think LSU drops this game tonight. mainieri is giving a lot of players time off (rightfully so,) but northwestern is hot right now, and luke irvine will be tough to hit. so hopefully bradshaw has a great outing. also, we can't refer to northwestern as "NSU" for any sporting event this season since nicholls won the coveted "battle for NSU" by defeating northwestern in football. therefore nicholls has earned the "right" to be NSU until northwestern takes the title back. :dis: :hihi:

9. *LSUTiger*

*LSUTiger* LSU/CLEMSON

I agree! You had me panicked as well wooooo!:eek::)

10. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

Landry gets hit and takes a base. Bases loaded and 0 out.