Baseball next year

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUsupaFan, Jun 7, 2003.

1. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

If we get to the series this year I don't think we have the pitching to win it...

But look at our pitching next year. We will have Mestapay back. Wilson said he is coming back. Meier and Determan will be back. Bumstead should be back. That's five quality starters. In addition we will have our would have been ace closer Nall back. There is a chance perhaps that Sadler won't go pro. Who knows what our freshman will be able to do. On offense we only lose Hill. Still have Holt, Patterson, Big Jon Zeraingue, Stewart, Gill, Harris, other Harris, Nacaratta, Liuzza, Dustin Hahn will be back, plus whatever stud Freshmen. I like our chances to win it all next year.
    -edited by mod

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I hope we do get to the CWS just to shut up some of the Smoke detractors. One of my golfing partners was all over Smoke this morning because we took 6 called 3rd strikes last night. Jeez. Give the other team some credit. White had us guessing all night. It's not Smoke's fault. He made a gutsy call today by pulling Petit for Determan after 2 seeing eye singles. Turns out it was the right move. If Determan gives up a 3 run tater, guess whose fault that would have been?

3. Jack

Jack Member

Why are you somehow entitled to be a Smoke supporter yet so intolerant of Smoke doubters? Just because some of us don't tow the party line doesn't mean we don't support LSU. We want the best coach for LSU and if we see mistakes or decisions we don't agree with we're going to point them out.

4. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

Calm down Jackie...

5. eric d

eric d Founding Member

Why are you talking about baseball next season? This season isn't over yet.

6. BamaSam

BamaSam Freshman

As far as next year, LSU could quite possibly be the first team in history to go undefeated. Well, maybe not, but close. The recruiting class looks rock solid and the returners are all studs. I dread seeing you guys at the Box.
    As far as Smoke doubters, there are many, many teams who would love to be where you guys are now. Baylor is solid, and this is Super Regionals. I've been impressed all year with Gorilla Ball supposedly dead and gone, LSU continues to mash at the right time. I like Smoke. He has filled some legendary shoes quite nicely. Please don't fall into the Alabama trap of trying to measure every coach next to the guy that built the program. You are the SEC Champions. You are the #2 national seed. You are in the postseason. You will probably be in Omaha. Hell, you are LSU for God's sake!

7. LSUsupaFan

I know its not over, I was just looking at what we're losing and whats coming back, and I see we will be loaded. It's never to early to start getting excited about Tiger Baseball.

8. CalcoTiger

CalcoTiger Live Long and Prosper IVI

Wow : That was some game. Glad to see the tigers pull it out and good luck tomorrow. Baseball is a game of what if's and a coach is never gonna always make the right call. Thats Baseball.
    But you dont get to where the tigers are without making some good decisions along the way. Go Smoke and Geaux Tigers

9. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I'm not intolerant, just there to defend him. You can take all the shots you want but be prepared to hear the other side. Went through the same thing with Brady. I'm not blind to a coach's potential fault but, IMHO, I don't think it's justified. Some Bertman fans (and I'm a huge one) can tend to sound like Bama's Bear fans.

10. LSUsupaFan

I would argue that Smoke is a has a better baseball mind than Skip. Look at how they win. Smoke wins with small ball, Skip lived and died by the home-run. Smoke wins with pitching, Bertman had some great pitchers come through, but relied on Gorilla Ball. I like Smoke alot, and to be honest I don't think Skip would do as well since the bat change.