Baseball Polls 2/20

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by OkieTigerTK, Feb 20, 2006.

1. goldengirlfan

goldengirlfan simple man

Probably. To this day, the damndest college baseball game I can remember.

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Yes you are.:wink:

3. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

Yet you think LSU had the biggest collection of baseball players on steroids???

C'mon, olVENICE.... We didn't lead the conference in HR's all those seasons because we gave out the best steroids. You're a fool if you believe that.

Do I think that some of those former Tigers used steroids? Probably--I'd be a fool to think that none of them at least tried it--but you're telling me that no one else on other teams did???

4. TigerFan23

TigerFan23 USMC Tiger

C'mon now, if I wanted to be negative, I would've said something like, "Smoke Laval is the worst thing to happen to LSU since John Brady" or "LSU will never win another national chamionship without Nick Saban". :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

5. olVENICEdog

olVENICEdog Founding Member

I don't know for sure but I bet one of the tops in the country. But who knows maybe the guys that hit in the 3, 4 and 5 spot were the only ones. Only they know and everything else is just speculation.

We sure did have a large amount of HR's and all of a sudden skeeerrrrt. Could be the bat, could be the ball, or it could be the juice. It's one of the three. You know that most athletes that use the juice start in collage and I wouldn't doubt if Palmaro shot up in Mississippi waaay back in the day.

IM not saying that. They probably have @ least 1 or 2 guys that do it on every team. I personally don't care if athletes use the stuff. I encourage it. I said it once and I'll say it again. I loved watching guys like Bonds and Big Mac slam 563-foot homers. I think it’s awesome. I think they brought life back into baseball b/c for a while it was rrrrrrrrreal F'd up.

6. BostonBengal

Wow, man. That's just wrong on so many levels. :dis: You "encourage it"??? Yes, 563-foot HR's are impressive, but I find just as much joy out of watching someone leg out a triple or make a diving catch to take away a run or rob someone of a HR at the fence. HR's are nice...they're exciting, but it no longer becomes about "natural ability" any longer when steroids are involved. You want 563-foot HR's?? Watch guys like David Ortiz (not saying that because I'm a Sox fan--but he just came to mind) or any other naturally "big-bodied" slugger. Guys like Cecil Fielder, etc.

7. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

I don't want to see HR's just because a player is juiced on steriods. I want to see a player with natural talent and ability.

8. BostonBengal

Exactly