Baseball Postseason

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by bayoubengal08, May 16, 2006.

1. bayoubengal08

bayoubengal08 Founding Member

:tigbas: lost to Rice tonight 6-3. Puts LSU at 33-20, 12-15 in SEC. #30 RPI in warrennolan.com and #31 RPI in boydsworld.com. On to Gainesville for a three game series with last place Florida. What do we need to do now to make the postseason?

2. LSUGraduate2002

LSUGraduate2002 LSU's Golden Years

Postseason if you mean the SEC tournament win one more game than Miss State and Tenn each win this weekend. If you mean a regional, Probably sweep and 1 or 2 wins in the SEC tournament where we know how successful Lard Ass has been with the Tigers.

3. bayoubengal08

Could we get into the Regional by winning 2/3 from Florida and 1 win in the SEC Tournament?

4. LSUGraduate2002

LSUGraduate2002 LSU's Golden Years

It is possible, but personally I don't think we DESERVE to make the regionals as pathetic as our non conference slate was and then to finish sub 500 in the SEC. The only way we get into a regional taking 2 out of 3 this weekend and only winning one in the SEC tourny is b/c of name recognition. Right now LSU is still a big name in baseball, but reality the committees in recent years have started going more on merit than just name recognition for giving regional births.

5. bayoubengal08

I just don't know. I hope that the name L-S-U will have part of the selection process. Being so good for so long, I just am not used to being so anxious about Selection Monday coming. Also, I just do not know what to expect out of this team the rest of the season. Inconsistency has been this team's trademark. I mean, LSU Baseball is supposed to be in postseason. I hope that, even though veeery late in the season, the team will start to play like TIGERS. Who knows what is in store as for this team and its postseason fate. LETS HOPE FOR THE BEST

6. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

We don't need anything to make NCAA post-season...our RPI should get us in as is.

As for the SEC tourny. We need to sweep Florida to control our own (if I'm not mistaken). I believe if we sweep the Gators, we get in as the 8th seed--no matter what else happens in conference play. If we only win 2, then we need Vandy and Tennessee to lose at least one game in their series.

Should we fail to even win 2 against the Gators (and if we didn't, I wouldn't be surprised--Florida is having a ROTTEN year, yes, BUT they WERE projected to be atop the conference this year), and DON'T make the conference tourny, SEC teams HAVE made the NCAA's but not the SEC.

We don't make the SEC tourny, but we're in the NCAA--I think all hopes of HOSTING are all but over.... But if we sweep Florida, I think it's realistic that we'll put in for a bid to host and hopefully our past success gets us in as a host (albeit in won't be as a #1)..