Baseball: Spencer Ware

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by GreatestStory, Feb 18, 2011.

1. GreatestStory

GreatestStory LSU Faithful

HAPPY OPENING DAY EVERYONE!!

I know Spencer Ware isn't starting on the baseball team, but I thought these photos were cool since he is a two sport star.

I got them emailed to me so I don't know who to give the credit to for taking them. Thumbs up to the photographer.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

with the hat and the hair, he looks just like Chad Jones. Freaky.

3. dudley

dudley oops!

...but can he hit a curve ball?:popcorn:

4. captainpodnuh

captainpodnuh Baseball at da Box

Its the Dreads of Doom Redux.

5. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

I heard he can throw 120 mph strikes....AND is a philharmonic tuba player from Nepal who doesn't wear shoes.

:grin:

6. Mike in Memphis

Mike in Memphis Old Tiger

It is not even April 1 ---- and his name isn't Sidd Finch ---:lol:

7. stevescookin

...Aaaah, you got my not so subtle hint !! :wink:

Best sports story EVER !!...on par with anything Grantland Rice ever wrote.

8. stevescookin

Momentary Hijack...

Who was Grantland Rice, you may ask ? He was probably the greatest American sportswriter who coined the phrase "the four horsemen of the apocalypse"...a reference to the Book of Revelation. His writing was full of classical references. Greek and Latin, from Scripture to literature and poetry. The talking heads on ESPN, Gilbeau and his ilk are like two year olds incapable of writing nursery rhymes compared to Rice and his contemporaries.

a short example of Rice's prose...

Outlined against a blue-gray October sky, the Four Horsemen rode again. In dramatic lore they are known as Famine, Pestilence, Destruction and Death. These are only aliases. Their real names are Stuhldreher, Miller, Crowley and Layden. They formed the crest of the South Bend cyclone before which another fighting Army football team was swept over the precipice at the Polo Grounds yesterday afternoon as 55,000 spectators peered down on the bewildering panorama spread on the green plain below.
    A cyclone can't be snared. It may be surrounded, but somewhere it breaks through to keep on going. When the cyclone starts from South Bend, where the candle lights still gleam through the Indiana sycamores, those in the way must take to storm cellars at top speed.
    Yesterday the cyclone struck again as Notre Dame beat the Army, 13 to 7, with a set of backfield stars that ripped and crashed through a strong Army defense with more speed and power than the warring cadets could meet.

"Money to the left of them and money to the right. Money everywhere they turn from morning to the night. Only two things count at all from mountain to the sea. Part of it's percentage, and the rest is guarantee"

ยน[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grantland_Rice"]Grantland Rice - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Grantland Rice, no doubt, would be in awe of athletes like Spencer Ware. (end of hijack)

9. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

13-0 through 4. We might see Ware tonight.

10. Berge

Berge Founding Member

Ware came in and got a single with an RBI in his first at bat.