Baseball: Spencer Ware

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by GreatestStory, Feb 18, 2011.

1. TCUTiger

TCUTiger Founding Member

Thought the samething!

2. Bayou Bengal11

Bayou Bengal11 ~Orlando Tiger Coonass~

Game one final: LSU 15, Wake Forest 4

3. Herb

Herb Founding Member

I was wondering what happened to Dad's Grantland Rice book!

4. KingEmeritus

KingEmeritus ofthePoint

He stands out at the plate. You can clearly tell he is a football player.

5. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

I don't have it...the last time I read from it was 1972.

:cool:

6. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

No gameday threads for baseball yet? LSU is consistently #1 in attendance and therefore probably #1 in college baseball following in the whole country. If we don't have gameday threads for baseball, then what is it like following baseball for other teams? I'm not really "complaining", but yet still a little disappointed. PodKATT usu. starts gameday threads with some nice info and some good natured ripping of the opponent mascot or something like that. I'd start a gameday thread myself, but that seems to be PodKATT's territory. You do a great job on that, btw, PodKATT..(hint, hint)....

7. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

i think the job is up for grabs and no one will need to feel like they stepped on pod's toes.

8. T-Time

T-Time Never Satisfied

I second that, ive been hoping there would be some baseball discussion, I dont live in LA anymore so I can't go watch games with any sort of frequency, so I was hoping there would be a lore more discussion about how the team looks and such so far.

Wish i could watch a game on tv here or there, but I got no shot until the sec tourney.

9. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

I'm not really much of a baseball fan. I don't follow pro ball at all. Not one game. Not even the World Series. I do follow and actually feel pretty passionate about LSU baseball. It actually runs a decent 2nd place behind football for me. Point is, my observations about baseball are pretty elementary. Anyway, here goes:

LSU started kind of slow in both games, pitching wise. Under Mainieri, our pitching staff has always thrown strikes. In other words, we seldom beat ourselves by giving free passes to first base. We've walked 5 and committed 3 fielding errors so far. I don't think the errors will be a consistent issue. Starting slowly. That's all I think that is.

Mahtook is our biggest offensive weapon. I'm sure you already knew that. He made a nice running catch in the first game in the outfield as well. With his athleticism and hitting, I really believe he has a futurn in MLB.

It's not much, but just to get the ball rolling. Again, I'm not very knowlegable about the intricacies of the game, so this is not very insightful. I will say this though: I think this year's team will be alot like the 2008 team. Probably a year away with the pitching staff, but are very capable of making a run to Omaha. Lots of talent and good leadership can get a team pretty far. LSU has boatloads of both. The talent differential has been apparent to me so far in this series vs. Wake Forest.

GEAUX TIGERS!!

10. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

9-1 today with no earned runs given up. Solid pitching and timely hitting this weekend. Picked up a win against a lefty on his game yesterday so that's a confidence builder. If our young fireballers can learn how to pitch this could be a special season. I know it's early but an opening sweep with all phases working is nothing to sneeze at.