Baseball team under investigation

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUGraduate2002, Oct 3, 2006.

1. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

I hope the door hit him on the way out. (Actually, with that kind of attitude, I wish the whole freakin' house had fallen on him.)

2. lsugrad00

lsugrad00 Founding Member

If anyone knowingly violates NCAA regulations they should be axed. I shouldn't matter who it is or how many games/championships they've won. You can't put a price on the integrity of your university or athletic programs.

That being said I'd hate to rush to judgement on something like this until all the facts are public. :thumb:

:geauxtige

3. CajunPunk

CajunPunk TF's Resident Realist

Exactly. We can't use USC's standards as our own.

I wonder how much media attention we'll get now... first basketball, now this? :dis:

4. TigerKid05

TigerKid05 Say Whaa!?!?

Skip should resign before this thing gets out of hand. I heard from a someone who knows a good bit about matter at hand that if Skip denies these allegations, he could in deep $h!t because of what they'll throw at him next.

5. TigerFan23

TigerFan23 USMC Tiger

So you really think that LSU in all its years has been by the book with NCAA regulations? That's funny.

6. khounba

khounba Founding Member

:rofl: :rofl: If we axed everybody for violating rules it would be the end of college football.

7. lsugrad00

lsugrad00 Founding Member

No, I'm not naive enough to think LSU has a clean record. But I do think that anyone caught cheating or breaking the rules should be fired or kicked of the team.

8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Sure, pal. If I had a dollar for every rumor I've heard from an unnamed insider that turned out to be bogus, I'd retire rich.

Skip has no reason to resign unless he is found guilty of something. Baseless allegations based on the fact that someone is asking questions is not guilt. If the NCAA investigates, which hasn't happened yet, and if Skip or Smoke are guilty of violations, THEN we can call for his head.

For Skip to resign right now is simply absurd.

9. LsuCraig

LsuCraig Founding Member

If you have such inside sources, why didn't they tell you about the investigation beforehand? This has been going on for 6 weeks. Your believeability factor would be much higher if you had come out on this board and said something before newspapers had it plastered all over the place. But NOW, you have a source......hmmm.....

10. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

lol yeah if anyone gets caught cheating it just means they were one of the few not good at it.

skip promised smoke he was retaining him then dropped the bombshell on him within a few days of lying to him. they have been very close since Skip has come here and anyone of us would be just as bitter the way this went down. the meeting/firing was very, very bad from what I heard the week it occurred.

however, smoke shouldn't be throwing the university under the bus, his recruits included, the way it sounds as he's uninterested in cooperating. he should handle himself more professionally imo which doesnt bode well on his resume' if he's ever to be in the running for a top-tier program again.

plus, he should be somewhat grateful he had the opportunity to coach here as well. its rather disappointing the way he's handling this.