Baseball tickets going up as much as 45% in 2009

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUGraduate2002, Sep 29, 2007.

1. LSUGraduate2002

LSUGraduate2002 LSU's Golden Years

Any thoughts on the matter? I know personally for baseball, I will most likely drop my season tickets if that is the case as LSU's baseball program does not justify going up that much after the last two seasons.

2. LSUGraduate2002

LSUGraduate2002 LSU's Golden Years

Re: Baseball tickets going up as much as 65% in 2009

:cuss: :cuss: :cuss: Season ticket prices for LSU baseball would go up by as much as 45 percent to 65 percent under a proposal being considered by the university’s leaders.
    The athletics department proposed increasing ticket prices for the 2009 season. It goes before the LSU Board of Supervisors for approval Thursday and Friday.
    Price increases for prime bleacher seats and the grandstands are going up to coincide with the opening of the new Alex Box baseball stadium.
    In addition to the price jumps, season ticket holders would be required to donate to the Tiger Athletic Foundation, similar to LSU football season tickets.
    “If it’s mandatory, then it’s not a donation,” said season ticket holder John Doucet of Port Allen, who is considering dropping his ticket.
    “It’s not a sporting event anymore, it’s about money,” he said.
    The emphasis for the next year is satisfying existing season-ticket holders, he said.
    “Before anybody can buy a ticket, all 6,600 season ticket holders have to be reseated,” Bertman said. “All season ticket holders have first grab for a similar seat or to upgrade.”
    The new stadium is being built at Nicholson Drive and Gourrier Lane, about 1,000 feet south of the current site of Alex Box Stadium. It will seat 8,700 fans – nearly 1,000 more than the current Alex Box.
    Outfield bleacher seats would increase from $180 to $210 per season ticket. Most would also have a $50 TAF donation.
    Covered grandstand seats would go from $230 to $380 with the donation, and “gold” grandstand seat would increase from $330 to $515 or $665 for “gold field box” seats.

3. swoop

swoop Founding Member

Raising ticket prices while attendance is on the decline isn't a bright move. Then add in the new TAF "Donation"..... Very poor move.

4. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

So TAF is taking over the baseball stadium too? I thought it was originally started to improve the stadiums not make money off of them.