Baseball v Kansas Series Thread

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by PodKATT, Mar 12, 2010.

1. PodKATT

PodKATT Time to Put Your Pants On

[​IMG]

Why in the world would we play there?

[​IMG]
    So, not all Classic Logos are created equal...​

Finally I dont have to go scouring through official athletics sites to get a bead on the opposition. Kansas (9-3) has already been destroyed by Arky (15-3) and Arky isn't having the best of years. Still, a series is different from a mid-week and the Jayhawks expect big things from their middle relievers.
    This should be a great final warm-up before SEC play. If our own concerns about middle relief are true, it will definitely show this weekend. But even if we have problems, our offensive prowess should be enough to pull us out of a jam.

TV starts next weekend, and with no basketball, It's Hawthorne & Hanagriff all weekend long.

Still no official word on Landry's Hammy, but I still expect Deshawn to start for him, at least for tonight.

PITCHING MATCHUPS
    Game 1 Fri 7pm
    LSU - So. RHP Joey Bourgeois (2-0, 2.08 ERA, 17.1 IP, 7 BB, 16 SO)
    KU - Jr. RHP T.J. Walz (2-1, 1.80 ERA, 20.0 IP, 5 BB, 18 SO)

Game 2 Sat 2pm
    LSU - Fr. LHP Jordan Rittiner (2-0, 1.29 ERA, 14.0 IP, 3 BB, 7 SO)
    KU - Sr. RHP Cameron Selik (3-0, 1.40 ERA, 19.1 IP, 7 BB, 16 SO)

Game 3 Sun 1pm
    LSU - Jr. RHP Austin Ross (2-0, 5.28 ERA, 15.1 IP, 3 BB, 19 SO)
    KU - Sr. RHP Brett Bollman (1-1, 3.86 ERA, 14.0 IP, 2 BB, 9 SO)

2. LesMilesFan

LesMilesFan Founding Member

3. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

Anyone want a good article to get them in the spirit of this weekend's series?

Kansas Jayhawk Baseball to Face Road-Shy #2 LSU this weekend. - Rock Chalk Talk

4. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

5. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

yeah, right. haha. i think that pepperdine is a very good team. i'm not too convinced that KU will be better than the Waves like a lot of people (including randy rosetta) do. the jayhawks have nice pitching stats, but have they played the schedule pepperdine has? nope. do they have a pitcher (like bywater) who i am going to go OUT of my way to follow the rest of the season after having handcuffed powers like no. 4 fullerton and no.1 LSU? we'll see.

btw, pepperdine beat #13 ECU thursday night 5-3. cook pitched. he also gave LSU fits. i think LSU will be just fine with their "blah" schedule. lol.

6. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

"Look out here come the Jaaaayhawks.
    All other folks beware
    Cuz there's no room for pansies
    when you got Kansas in your hair."

"So in another words.....
    Na Na Na Nah.....na na na nah.....
    Hey, hey. hey.........adios!!!!!"

"Ha Ha Ha Ha"!

that's the best goulet impression i can do over the internet. it's a damn shame the things i've forgotten thru the years yet something like that stays burned into my memory's hard drive forever.

7. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

ive been in a lot of pain and bitchy today, so i'll bite....

can kansas win one or two? yes, they can. any team can. that's why they play the games. baseball is a funny game that way.

but to disrespect lsu because of their road schedule (or lack of), and that they are in what the writer considers the over-rated sec would be a big mistake for their team to have.

first of all, news flash.... most "northern" teams go south to play the early non-conference games. for the very reason a few years ago they got the start of the season pushed back a couple of weeks. its too freakin cold to play in a lot of the northern climates during the early part of the season. the northern teams make the southern rounds. its not just lsu, its not just the sec, thats just how it is. its more than easy for lsu to schedule most of the early season non-conference games at home. if kansas had a warmer climate and teams were willing to do the same with scheduling at their place, you can damn well believe they would be home. but its not, and they arent.

as has been mentioned elsewhere, lsu can play in state schools and still get some fairly good non-conference games in. uno and tulane are not too shabby when it comes to baseball. as much as i dislike ull, they are often in the regionals. the south just has some good baseball. much like california does.

which leads me to the "sec bias". the sec has good baseball. california has a wealth of good college baseball teams. the cali teams dont have to leave state to play non-conference games either. jealousy seems to have led to a bit of a snit fit for the writer of the article jayb posted.

yes, the lil dozen has traditionally had some good baseball teams. being a bcs conference they are not to be taken lightly. im not gonna say we are gonna romp and stomp. we are down our friday night starter. its not gonna be easy. no team can be taken lightly, kansas included. but just because we play most of our non-conference games at home, and many of them being in state teams, does not mean kansas should take us lightly.

again, thats why you play the games. now bring your team and that chip on your shoulder to the box. and leave the snow shovels at home.

8. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

knew ya would, :hihi:

i don't think kansas will be a pushover, but i also don't think that they're much better (if at all) than pepperdine is. you look at both records (pepperdine with a losing record, KU with a winning record) and make assumptions, but that is what's so great about baseball. and i really thought that baseball was the one sport where people would put aside their petty conference pride (nice rhyme) and just enjoy the sport for what it is: a very evenly matched and competitive NCAA sport.

9. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

yeah, when i first saw that article earlier today, i wanted to take someones head off. idiot writer.

10. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

yeah i was going to post it here yesterday morning while i was at school, but the prof came in and i forgot. i commented on the article like many LSU and SEC fans did, but the writer didn't really bite on any of our comments. i was hoping he would.