Baseball v TUCKING FULANE GM2 @ 6:30

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by PodKATT, May 18, 2010.

1. PodKATT

PodKATT Time to Put Your Pants On

[​IMG]
    Sad Greenie is sad

Remember the great truth of this world: No matter how bad you feel and no matter how dark the day seems, at least you are not a Tulane fan.

The Greenies are actually worse off than we are when it comes to post season talk. They are one spot out of making the CUSA Tournament and just like us, they get league bottom dweller UCF at the end of the week to help their chances. Not much has changed since the last outing. Nick Pepitone is still a very strong reliever and Rob Segedin is still their best hitter.

In this, the 300th baseball game with Tulane, both teams face a true dilemma. At this point, both clubs are not doing well and have very important conference home series on Thursday that they need all of their best players ready and rested for. While it has little or no bearing on the national stage this time around, this game is a point of pride for both teams. If things get tight in the later innings, how far is each coach willing to go to get the win tonight?

Cox Sports has the game tonight.

Might get a light shower this afternoon, maybe even tonight, but the blasphemous carpet at Turchin should keep things playable.

[​IMG]

PITCHING MATCHUP
    LSU - Jr. RHP Daniel Bradshaw (5-0, 4.79 ERA, 35.2 IP, 10 BB, 23 SO)
    TU - Fr. RHP Kyle McKenzie (1-1, 12.34 ERA, 11.2 IP, 11 BB, 10 SO)

1 person likes this.
  2. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

i say throw everything at the greenies. why? because i hate tulane more than i hate LSU not making the post season. if i can't have both, then at least beating tulane would suffice.

actually this game has loads of implications -- perhaps not on the national scene, but for louisiana bragging rights. it's no surprise that we need to do one helluva job recruiting this offseason. with USL having the best season (by far) out of all state schools, it comes down to LSU and tulane for second place (no matter about SLU -- any of the three major players in state pull more weight than they do.) we don't want to lose any possible recruits to another school, especially schools in our own state. high school kids don't care that much about what happened in the past when choosing a school, they want to be somewhere that is on the uprise. after this meltdown of epic proportions methinks a lot of high schoolers might take a couple looks around instead of blinding signing with LSU (as well they should.) why? because LSU has a sick level of talent. i honestly do believe that, but for whatever reason they haven't performed to their expectations.

anyway, as long as ott doesn't touch the ball in this game i am OK. :hihi:

1 person likes this.
  3. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

everyone knows where i stand on this and why. by game time i will be a nervous wreck.

but should worse come to worse, i want to know who is gonna be my alibi? god knows, i may need one. that, or a remote island.

4. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

hmmm i will see what i can do. :hihi:

1 person likes this.
  5. OkieTigerTK

if you cant arrange either of those two things, a one way ticket to the moon will suffice.:hihi:

6. 4EvrLSU

4EvrLSU Like a '59 Cadillac

I just talked to a Tulane friend. As he said, this is gonna be a heck of a boring game in that it is two teams struggling just to make their conference tournaments.

He did not realize how bad our meltdown was until I told him. It is such a spectacular meltdown, he didn't even have a snappy Greenie comeback! I believe that he now thinks they have a shot at winning this game and he did not know how to handle that.:lol:

2 people like this.
  7. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

please, for the love of all that is holy, let us kick the dog sh!t outta these pricks!

2 people like this.
  8. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

It would be the one saving grace to an otherwise dismal past couple of weeks.

9. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

it would do a WHOLE lot to make the last month and a half easier to palate.

10. OkieTigerTK

y'all are preachin to the choir here! my sanity for the next year is riding on this!