Baseball v UNO, 6:30pm

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by PodKATT, Apr 27, 2010.

1. phi1514

phi1514 Founding Member

Gaudet strikes out stranding Dean at 3rd...UNO wins 7 - 4. Totally embarrassing!

2. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

3. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

4 runs on 10 hits and 10 left stranded. :dis:

4. geauxtigs

geauxtigs Tigers Forever

:geaux: Add the 10 left on base tonight to the total for the Ole Piss series and it's a really sad picture.:nope: Hope they've got it out of their system before the road trip to Fla. this week-end. :LSU231:

5. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

man, listening to the post-game interview with CPM was pretty tough. you could feel the tension of the situation. CPM is generally n extremely positive guy, but he was noticeably cut and dry and very poignant tonight. he also alluded to the possibility that his team is perhaps on the verge of losing focus. he talked about edwards' two hits and lasuzzo's 3 Ks and the fact that he was going to play the players who worked the hardest. he apologized for the loss saying that it was his fault the team wasn't focused even after he warned them to "be ready." to me, it sounded like the team pretty much tried to "sleepwalk" through the game tonight. he concluded by saying that this weekend "will be ugly" if the tigers play the way they have the last four games.

it will be interesting to see how the team responds. some positives: mikie mahtook is one helluva ballplayer.

6. OkieTigerTK

i alluded to that in the other thread. the team did sleepwalk. they were zombies last night. no fire at all. and fla is leading the conference. it will be more than ugly if they play that way in gainesville.

i fully expect the team to have their asses handed to them for the way they played last night. ole miss was tough. they were exhausted, mistakes were made, but they seemed to at least try. last night it sounded like try wasnt in the vocabulary. last nights loss was all on them. their lack of emotion and lack of play.

im ready to put the past four behind us and hope that these guys wake up.

7. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

Sometimes having your arses handed to you and getting totally embarrased is just the medicine you need to perform better than you, not only have been, but better than you think you can. It's worked in the past hopefully it will work this time. I'm pretty confident in that CPM will have this team ready to make it's run throughout the rest of the season and post season. Not overly worried.

8. OkieTigerTK

im hopeful of that, too, legacy. one thing is for sure, this kind of embarrassment will tell us the emotional make up of this team. either they will use it to light a fire under their asses, or they will roll over and play dead. im hoping its the former.

either way, last night was ugly all the way around.

9. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

I'm kind of waiting to see if some starters get benched for a little while. I bet Mainieri wants to see if some of the backups have a hot hand.

10. Berge

Berge Founding Member

I got off work and got in my car just as Maineiri's interview was starting. My favorite thing about that man is his openness with his interviews.

He said this was probably the most disappointing loss he has experienced. He SOUNDED down and upset. It's just refreshing to see some emotion from a coach.