Baseball vs Centenary

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by JayB, Mar 2, 2005.

1. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

By reading what Ryan Patterson said in the Advocate this morning, I have a feeling the guys aren't ready for this game....at least not as ready as The Gents are.

2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Wednesday's game marks the fifth time in six seasons LSU has traveled to Fair Grounds Field to face Centenary. The Tigers have won 22 consecutive games in their overall series with the Gents, including a 9-3 victory last season.

Senior right-handed pitcher Brandon Nall (0-0, 4.50 ERA) will make his first career LSU start Wednesday. Nall -- a former late-inning reliever who missed all of last season while recovering from surgery to repair a torn labrum -- has made one relief appearance this year. He pitched two innings versus Nicholls State on Feb. 12 (a 19-2 LSU victory), allowing one run on one hit with no walks and one strikeout.

"We're going to give Brandon the ball and see how much he has progressed in his recovery," Laval said. "We're looking forward to seeing how he performs as a starter."

Centenary coach Ed McCann is expected to counter with senior right-hander J.C. Biagi (0-0, 6.23 ERA).

3. ledfoot

ledfoot Founding Member

top of 5th still 4-0 cents

4. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

Is this part of the "$25,000" agreement? lol

5. KTeamLSU

KTeamLSU Founding Member

From a friend of mine who is in touch with meier, gill, and Liuzza (all roommates) alot of the guys are sick... they took batting practice in the cold rain in Houston on Saturday. Gill, Faircloth the most ill, but supposedly alot of them are battling flu like symptoms.

6. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

yea bball is a tough sport, there are just soo many games.... however, our freshman SHOULD be able to handle Cent themselves.

7. KTeamLSU

KTeamLSU Founding Member

If not we drop like rocks... we need to be ahead of Tulane come the end of the season, so that we host Supers.... Smoke needs to light a fire under these boys.

8. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

obviously this team is not wanting to play this game. 6-0 centenary.

dude working on a no hitter.

9. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

I'm thinkin we're about 3rd in state right now... Tulane and ULL (after what they did to Wichita,) could beat us pretty handily

10. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

But...we always seem to peak later in the season anyway. I think we'll be okay, but our pitching has kind of disappointed me so far this season....