Baseball vs Centenary

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by JayB, Mar 2, 2005.

1. TexTiger

TexTiger Founding Member

I'm a grad of both schools, glad to see the little guy win one. Seriously, who will even remember this in 2 months. Geaux Gents.

2. goldengirlfan

goldengirlfan simple man

Son graduated from LSU, Daughter from Centenary.
    Hope she picked up the phone and got her licks in today. :lol:
    Doesn't happen often.

As for the Tigers, don't panic. They'll be okay, just need a little time. :yelwink2:

3. Dutchtown tiger

Dutchtown tiger Founding Member

I am not a fan of smoke so I will keep my comments brief, "I am not surpised". If we don't make the CWS and win a few games and not the typical two and BQ, smoke needs to go. I call like I see so please do not criticize me for giving my opinion.

4. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

Mid week games like this are really just scrimmages. WE lose one or two a year. These games are meaningless in the grad scheme of things. We need to beat Tulane this year. I wouldnt even mind seeing a weekend starter on the mound against the Greenies.

The sky aint falling for damn sure. Smoke doesn't need to right the ship cause its not off course.

5. KTeamLSU

KTeamLSU Founding Member

I would like to see Determan get the start against the Weenies... Dirks is inconsistent, and with a good showing against Tulame I think he could soldify himself as a Sunday starter. He is very valuable in the bullpen, but I believe that Dirks would be better in relief, but we shall see. I dont think Mestepey or Smith will start b/c Smoke will keep them for the ASU series... so its either Determan/Dirks/Faircloth/Cahill or ... Dardar.

6. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Not gonna criticize, but don't come around pounding your chest when we win the CWS.

7. goldengirlfan

goldengirlfan simple man

I pretty much agree. At one time or another, just about all the in-state schools have beaten the Tigers. Doesn't mean much when June comes around though. :yelwink2:

8. Rocky

Rocky Freshman

Getting back to Omaha for LSU menas they must host a super regional. Keep losing midweek games to nothing clubs and forget about a super regional, particularly considering the posting possibilities of Tulane and ULL this year.

9. Rocky

Rocky Freshman

Getting back to Omaha for LSU menas they must host a super regional. Keep losing midweek games to nothing clubs and forget about a super regional, particularly considering the hosting possibilities of Tulane and ULL this year.

10. Dutchtown tiger

Dutchtown tiger Founding Member

I hope you right about the CWS part, but I do think I have a right to criticize smoke for the team underacheiving especially in the post season and some of these mid week games. Skip lost mid week games too, but smoke has got swept at home last year for a sec series which concerned me, got swept by rice in 2002 in the super regional, and went 0-2 in the last two CWS'. Do you honestly think skip would have posted a similiar record, I for one do not think so. On a similiar note, Brady deserved similar criticism eariler part of the year for his team's obvious underacheivement, now they are playing up to their potential. I hope the baseball team plays to their potential every game.