Baseball vs Centenary

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by JayB, Mar 2, 2005.

1. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

I was also very disappointed in the CWS last year. I understood the 2 and Q in 03, but last years team should have made more noise. I don't think 2 and out of the CWS is acceptable, but I'm not ready to say Smoke will not do better eventually. In fact I think we'll win it all this year. I want another NC in baseball more than anything, but realize Smoke can't swing the bats.

2. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

There are a heck of a lot of teams that would kill to have the program, reputation, players, and record LSU has ANY year!

It is early in the season and this is the time to tweak the line-up and work out the kinks. I think 58-0 is a bit unrealistic. If the Tigers are struggling a month from now, I might be worried. But not yet!! I am not gonna write Smoke off or call for his head before 1/5 of the games are even played!

3. Dutchtown tiger

Dutchtown tiger Founding Member

No one will argue with you on the fact that we are a top tier baseball program, but being underacheivers with this kinda of talent concerns me. I think with the talent we have this year there should be no excuse with the exeption of some key players getting hurt that we shouldn't go deep in the CWS.

4. Mystikalilusion

Mystikalilusion Founding Member

Urrr, unless it's Tulane in Omaha. . .:hihi:

5. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

"Underachievers"?? Ya gotta be kidding me! You think those kids go out onto the field and say to themselves "I think I am gonna play half-a$$ed today" or "I really don't want to go to the CWS, it's over-hyped"? Everyone has a down day from time to time no matter how hard they play. And never over-look the "luck" factor. Also known as the men in blue! I might say a team can't get it together, is struggling, haven't found the right chemistry or line-up, but I won't say it is for lack of trying or because they are "underachievers". That is just an insult to the players!!

If you are disappointed in the level of play, think you can coach better, fine with me. That is your opinion. But underachievers..... :dis:

6. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

he just likes to tell it like he is, mr. baseball himself.

unreal, underachievers? I surely wish these closet Tulane fans would leave us alone.

7. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

I think smoke said it best in the paper today saying that "we're not talented enough to take a day off." Some would argue, claiming that "WE'RE LSU FOR CHRIST'S SAKE!!!" But, I digress... we'll be ok once SEC rolls around. For the record Tirk, Tulane is STILL better than us right now,:hihi::rofl::dis::bncry:

Just kiddin' dude... we'll blast the weanies when they come to town :geauxtige

8. tirk

hush sockboy.

9. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Skip's teams never faced the kind of pitching that Rice had.
    You really don't know what you are talking about. There is no such thing as "underachieving" in February and early March mid week games. Smoke learned from Skip and these games are scrimmages in a sense. It's all about being ready to face the SEC wars and who has what it takes to perform in the meaningful games. It is way too early to be getting on Smoke for any reason. You have a problem with Smoke and you couldn't wait to get your jabs in, but you need to wait awhile before drawing any conclusions. Your ignorance is shining brightly right now.

10. tirk

from now on you get the odd number of lettered nicknames and Ill get the even ones to save time.