Baseball vs. CSF

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by PURPLE TIGER, Mar 11, 2011.

1. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

Heck of a game...now lets take the series

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

McCune was awesome and was done in by back to back uncharacteristic errors. Cotton was nervous. We're lucky it took CSF starter a while to find his stuff. He's frickin great. Clutch hitting by everyone in the bottom of the 8th. Shaky save by Matty but I'll take it. Let's win today and Sunday is icing.

3. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

By the time March is over I think we'll have a gauge of how good and probably how bad LSU can be this year. Tough weekend series vs. CSF and next weekend vs. #1 UF. Then we hit the road in a mid week in state game, then go to UGA for a road SEC series. Georgia is not very good, but has beaten Florida State and have a road win last night vs. UCLA. If we can win two of these next three series, we are definitely a contender for Omaha. If we win all three, look out.

4. MikeDTiger

MikeDTiger Geaux Tigers!!!

No TV from Cox Sports Saturday, video will be Geaux Zone only.

CSF has online radio, I listened yesterday and it was OK. Click on the listen link on the right side of the page. They don't start coverage until close to gametime:
    http://client.stretchinternet.com/client/csf.portal

5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

A friend showed up with a spare ticket for the CSF game about a half-hour before game time and it was my first game this year. My initial impression is that our infield is not too sharp.

6. 65Grad

65Grad Maturity is Overrated

Uh, who won?:huh:

Or were you talking about last night's game?

7. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

The infield had a bad game. 2nd baseman is a freshman and Edwards is starting for the 1st time but the left side is solid. Part of it is early big game pressure. CSF came in with 7 errors in 12 games and through the 1st 12 innings of this series they had 6.

8. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

That was a fun, close game, with excellent baseball weather to boot, first time I've gotten to see the team this season. Looks like the bullpen needs to pick it up some in middle relief, but in time this is gonna be a pitching staff to reckon with.

9. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

To take the first two games of this series is a blessing and an incredible achievement. I am very proud of our Tigers.

10. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Ok, so I dont follow baseball that much, but from things I've read about this team entering the year is that there was a lot of ?'s because of key people and youth.

With that said, I noticed some freshman in key spots. Some looked great and some had a few issues....

All things considered vs a VERY good CSF team, LSU looks good. I am sure we will see some growing pains, but I think next weekend will tell us a lot more about this team..

Here's to the best!!!LSU!