Baseball vs. CSF

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by PURPLE TIGER, Mar 11, 2011.

1. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

mahtook is a beast, and the defense is solid... LSU is going to be fine this season, I'm looking forward to seeing them in Omaha. we'll take 2/3 from the gators this coming weekend.

2. SonnyLoco

SonnyLoco Founding Member

This team is still young...they make a few mistakes, but they have the pieces in place. Pitching is FAR BETTER than last year...so far. Matty Ott seems to be back to his form of 2 years ago...which is a great thing for him and our team. This team also has the ability to BUNT, and even though I HATE that style of play...you gotta do that these days.

We will see this weekend what we are made of so far...but even if we lose 2 of 3 against Florida it doesn't mean we are over rated. I just want to see us compete...if we do...then CPM will have us ready come late season for a strong push in Omaha.

3. LSUTyga73

LSUTyga73 Football Connoisseur

This team doesn't have as much firepower or starting pitching as the championship team but we'll see how the season goes. There's a long SEC season for the boys to grow up and I feel like it could go either way but I'm hoping it's for the better.

4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

this team has more arms throwing heat now than i can remember.

the one thing we can take from this series is this team can compete when their backs are against the wall. also maintain a lead against a formidable opponent when expected to.

3 big tests they passed this weekend which is great. cal st hadnt been swept in 3 years. we beat them at their own game by applying pressure on the bases and base hitting with RISP.

long season, anything can happen and usually does.

much too early to make an overall assessment but this paul mainieri is a good coach and thats what we can trust in. him having the players ready to play and improving as the season goes on can be expected.

also, the bunting is night and day from last year. Not sure if its a fluke or what happened but these guys are sacrificing at-bats for the good of the team. in college you want to put up numbers so you can get drafted especially at LSU. power numbers get you paid.

these dudes look unselfish which is pretty unique.

1 person likes this.