Baseball vs. Tulane

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by DDTigerFan, Mar 1, 2004.

1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

jc with 4 hits.

2. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

Just got back from the game. It was a great game! Everybody needs to go to the LSU - Tulane in the Dome this year. Apparently by that time Louisiana and this rivalry will no longer hold the record for the largest collegiate baseball crowd. They said in San Diego they have already sold more tickets than our previous record. Not sure of what teams are playing, just going by what the PA announcer said. We need to show the rest of the country how serious we take our baseball in Louisiana and especially our LSU Tigers!

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Do they have spitoons in the meeting rooms? If not do you carry a spit cup?

:cool:

4. Soap

Soap Founding Member

Yea, I just got back from the game as well. It was a really good one. I really liked the way Dirks pitched, I couldn't tell from my seats ( above home plate, so I'll have to watch the record), but he looked like he had great movement in his pitches tonight. He slowed is arm speed down a few times but other than that he was stellar. J. C. Holt is currently on a tear, as is Liuzza. Hebert has been a very solid replacement at short, making some very good defensive plays and throws. Clay Harris has also made pretty good plays at third. Overall I think the team is coming along fine, and that first SEC series should be a great one.

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

On TV it looked like Dirks had great movement on the ball. Only two Tulane baserunners got as far as second base and one of them got there because of a wild pitch. The TV guy said that Liuzza would normally be able to handle that pitch and will as soon as he gets used to catching Dirks. With Dirks performance tonight it looks like LSU has a great 4 man rotation.

Even as well as Dirks was pitching I expected Smoke to relieve him for the 8th and 9th innings just to give another pitcher the experience, especially since Dirks pitch count was over 110 after the seventh but I was glad to see Smoke let him finish it off. The complete game 4 hit shutout should be a great confidence builder for Dirks when it comes to crunch time in the SEC and the regionals, superregional and in Omaha.

6. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Styrofoam coffee cup with a lid. You gotta show a little discretion. I only do it when I'm with people I've known for years and we are all comfortable with each other.

7. lsucurlyq

lsucurlyq Founding Member

That was such a beautiful game...wow

8. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

Possibly 5, as Determann is a proven starter when in a pinch.
    What a wealth of talent to have when you can use a kid like thatas a closer.

Most teams that have one star quality southpaw on their staff consider themselves blessed, because quality lefties are hard to come by. This team has 3. Then there's Meier, Bumstead, Bonura, et.al. With the great lineup Smoke is putting out there every night, I'm already making my plans to be in Omaha Championship weekend...barring injury, I think this national title is LSU's to lose.