Baseball vs Tulane

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by OkieTigerTK, Mar 7, 2006.

1. sassylsufan2002

sassylsufan2002 Founding Member

spoken like a true smart a$$...keep it up, Okie!

2. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

It was nice to see the team getting some sac bunts down. In the past, that has been "the B word". The Tigers couldn't buy a bunt the last couple of years.

3. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

Dardar too worries me... he seems to be bit too aggressive to be a competent closer. Of course that doesn't mean that he WON'T be a good closer, he just seems to go after hitters and throw fire pass them. I just rather a crafty lefty... or maybe I just miss having Detterman... Chase, will be okay.

4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

did you watch him? his command was fine. it was so good he was ahead 0-2 on almost every batter. And his stuff was more electric than Ive ever seen it. He threw some circle change once which I never noticed before and the batter stood there befuddled after seeing curves and cutters. It was truly a thing of beauty for a college pitcher. Anyhow, he seemed to only get behind after 0-2 when he tried to throw to paint the conrners instead of pitching.

And as a closer you cant be too aggressive. that's exactly what you want as long as he isn't beaning every other hitter and continues to throw strikes.

5. goldengirlfan

goldengirlfan simple man

If he impressed you, I'm looking forward to seeing him. Hope to do so in May.

BTW, I appreciate everyone's comments on baseball. Information is hard to get here and the more I read, I'm starting to like this team. They may be fun to watch in May.:thumb:

6. Adam4848

Adam4848 Founding Member

Yes and I think we're going to be fine for another regional and super regional then you know the rest:grin:

7. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

We'll see how he does. I'm not arguing w/you. I'm thinking he'll be a damn good closer, but the only thing that I can see that could maybe hold him back is that he's a hard throwing pitcher and one mistake could cost us a game. But then again, I'm probably to used to guys like Detterman.