Baseball writers elect no one to HoF

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by fanatic, Jan 10, 2013.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Douchebaggery shouldn't keep you out. On the field should be the only thing that matters.

2. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

It was on-the-field douchebaggery, sooo...

3. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

Biggio may be my favorite player of all-time. I hate to even think about 'roids with him and hoping he was a clean player but there's always doubt from anyone in that era. Biggio was very close with Caminiti (admitted to using steroids) along wtih Bagwell (highly suspected of using). I always viewed Biggio as a little, scrappy player but he looked to be a fairly bowed up guy later in his career. He wore those baggy jerseys that may have been an intentional diversion of his increased bulk. I feel guilty of even questioning him and think he's a Hall of Famer even if he used.

4. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

I think that Bonds and Clemens should be in the Hall regardless of their use of steroids. Just include the story of their confirmed or suspected use of steroids in their wing of the Hall.

Guys like McGwire and Palmeiro have Hall of Fame stats but probably should not be inducted because it was the steroids that were the difference in getting in or not.

Someone like Bagwell is more difficult. There is always speculation that he was a user but no documented proof. He was also known as a great defensive first basemen (before injury) and baserunner. He would have had the MVP if it weren't for that strike. He played in the Astrodome (horrible hitter's park) during the peak of his career.

5. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

I also think Pete Rose should be in the Hall with a detailed overview of his gambling and being an overall piece of scum. If I ever visit the Hall of Fame, I should be able to view the history of the all-time hits leader.

6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

In my opinion steroids was alot more than just a few players here a few there doing it, steroids brought baseball back after the strike, Bud Selig and owners knew it was going on, and turned their backs and allowed it to happen, until the stories became rampant and then they acted. You can't just wipe out an entire era, if these guys are left out then everyone before baseball was integrated should be looked at as well.

7. Contained Chaos

Doesn't matter. These guys cheated, and everyone knows it. You can't just start putting known cheaters into the HOF because that sets an awful precedent.

8. Contained Chaos

Piazza should also be inducted if for no other reason than the fact that he held a press conference to announce that he's not gay. That was awesome.

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  9. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

Barry Bonds was the greatest player since Willie Mays, he was intentionally walked and pitched around like no-one-else-ever, and he still got huge numbers.

If it wasn't for Barry Bonds my Giants would have been moved to Florida,.. but he fucked up, so none of his records should count,.. cheaters don't deserve to be in the Hall of fame.

I will continue to pray, "Please let him be the Giant's batting coach."

10. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

...modern problems always seem so complicated, I hope it works itself out ok, the steroid era is certainly gonna leave a stain though.