Baseball

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Tigerbnd05, Jan 22, 2004.

1. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

http://www.ticketexpress.com/SearchResults.asp?SearchText=College World Series&SearchType=Artist

2. Soap

Soap Founding Member

I really really wanna go to omaha this year. I should have gone is 2000 but I had a summer job that i couldn't get off for that long. It's also going to be tough for me this summer because I'm taking summer classes, but I'm gonna try anything I can to make it this year.

3. AustinTXHorn

AustinTXHorn Founding Member

I know that I can't wait for it to start. Our alumni game is on Saturday. I hope we see you guys in Omaha once again. Its always nice to see two of the top baseball programs of all time there who also seem to bring the most fans to Omaha.
    Good luck this year!

4. Beaux-Bo

Beaux-Bo Founding Member

Austin
    If the Longhorns make it to Omaha this year... I will buy you a beer at Murphy's North
    SKB:geaux:

5. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

My only advice to you is to do those things now before you get out there and have to earn a living. Have fun now!!!

6. AustinTXHorn

Deal. :)
    I like our chances of getting to Omaha because of all of the pitching that comes back. The weekend rotation, plus Street, plus a few standout pitchers from last season that never quite made it into the weekend rotation.
    Hitting will be suspect at first, but I think we have enough talent coming in to get by. Drew Stubbs will play in the outfield, he was a 3rd round draft pick of the Astros out of high school and we're getting a guy that hit around .350 with 25 or so stolen bases at McNeese last year.
    I love making the trip, the CWS is a great expierence...I hope I'm there again this year.

7. Beaux-Bo

Beaux-Bo Founding Member

Austin,
    Tell you what, if my Tigers are playing for the College World Series against Texas, not only will i buy all of the beer you can drink, i will buy you the biggest steak Omaha has to offer. Win loss or draw. As crazy as college baseball is... Give my Tigers an oppurtunity to duplicate the football program and i will be glad to pay your room and board in Omaha then let the cards fall as they will.

Have you ever been before?

8. AustinTXHorn

I've been three times. Never been able to stay for a whole week, though. I'm hoping that I can do that the next time that Texas makes it.
    I went in 2000 for the LSU game(13-5 loss, LSU completely throttled us).
    I went in 2002 for the Rice game(2-1 win, amazing game) and for the National Title game against South Carolina(12-6 win, great feeling).
    And last year I went for the 13-2 win or something like that against Miami. That was a pretty big blowout. I was planning to go back up there if Texas made it to the championship game, but we couldn't get past Rice.

9. AustinTXHorn

I went to an LSU baseball game last year against South Carolina (the Sunday game) the day after Texas lost to Syracuse in New Orleans. Had to expierence it. Very nice stadium, very nice fans.
    Even with me wearing all of my Texas basketball stuff with Texas baseball hat, I only had one fan say anything to me about Carmelo Anthony. :)

10. Beaux-Bo

Beaux-Bo Founding Member

You make it this way this year... Call. You can wear all the TX gear you want. You may get hazed... but you sure will eat well. Love to share a beer, coke or boudin with you... As well as some of the greatest baseball our country still has to offer.