Baseball

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Tigerbnd05, Jan 22, 2004.

1. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

Is Clemens going to pitch? How about Swindell or Schiraldi?

2. AustinTXHorn

AustinTXHorn Founding Member

Clemens isn't going to be there. He's at the Bob Hope Classic this weekend. He seems to come about every other year (he was there last year)
    Swindell is going to be there. Not a lot of major leaguers making it this year, though outside of Kieschnick, Swindell, Calvin Murray, and Astros PC Burt Hooton.

3. mesquite tiger

mesquite tiger Diabolical Genius

hey Austin,

you guys need to get through Baylor and the rest of the Big 12 south first. Nebraska has also been a powerhouse the last few years in the Big 12. How many times do you guys play Rice this year?

4. AustinTXHorn

AustinTXHorn Founding Member

Texas gets Rice four times this year. Much better than the just once in the regular season last year. One game is at Minute Maid Park, two at Texas, and one at Reckling Park(Rice). Can't wait for these games, their pitching is going to be amazing this year.
    I think Baylor is going to be pretty good this year...but pitching is going to be a definite problem for them again much like last year. If you can't pitch in the Big 12, you won't survive in the Big 12. That's why I think Texas will win it this year.
    Baylor will be good because of their offense, and their pitching will be improved, but it'll still probably be the weakness of the team.
    Nebraska might be a little better than last year, but I think they've definitely taken a step back down ever since Van Horn left for Arkansas. I'd say the Big 12 is between Texas, Texas A&M, Nebraska, and Baylor this year in that order.