Baseball

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by SabanFan, Mar 18, 2003.

1. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Did tonight's game get rained out?

2. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

I know they at least play thru the 4th inning cause i listened to that part on the radio. Dunno if they finished the game.

3. AUDave

AUDave Founding Member

New Baseball Coach

How is Skip's replacement working out. I would think the only worry he would have would be to keep recruiting the same high level of athletes as Skip was able to bring in. If he can do that, he should continue winning at a place like LSU. For the past 10 or 15 years, LSU has always had good pitching with tons of big hitters in the line-up. I have noticed that most other teams in our conference have had one or the other (pitching or hitting), but not both at the same time. Thus, LSU has had the more solid teams and won many more games. I think if you were to look at the years that LSU won the title, it would be pitching that was the difference. All CWS teams have the big hitters, but the team with solid pitching and a bull- pen usually wins the whole thing.

AUDave

4. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Re: New Baseball Coach

It's a little early but I think Smoke will be allright. He's brought in some decent players. He's still got several of Skip's recruits around so it's not entirely his team yet. One of Smoke's problems is that (with a lot of "blame" to Skip) there is much more parity in College baseball now.We started slow but seem to be picking up steam. Guys like like Sprowl, Naccarata, Hill, Clay Harris, Gill and Patterson can hit the ball. With our veteran pitching staff, I think LSU will go deep into the post season again. If we get in Rice's super regional, though, it could be church. Their pitchers are unbelievable.