Basketball coaching candidates?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by SoLa in NoIll, Feb 8, 2003.

1. BamaBengal

BamaBengal Founding Member

yeah, um, back to the post...................

I think y'all should go after Jeff Lebo or Johnny Dawkins if Brady is out. What the hell, I can't resist, (drum roll please......) ladies and gentlemen: NOLAN RICHARDSON!! Dum da da dum dum

2. BamaBengal

BamaBengal Founding Member

yeah, um, back to the post...................

I think y'all should go after Jeff Lebo or Johnny Dawkins if Brady is out. What the hell, I can't resist, (drum roll please......) ladies and gentlemen: NOLAN RICHARDSON!! Dum da da dum dum

3. -T-

-T- Founding Member

We are the bitch of the SEC, except for the fact that we have 8 SEC Championships(2nd Most), 3 final fours(2nd most), only have a losing record vs. one SEC team(Arkansas) at the PMAC(no, not even kentucky), 2 Final Fours and 2 Elite Eights since 1979, and 10 consecutive ncaa tournament apperances from '84-'93 (ranking 12th all-time).

Posts like that from Saban Fan are why I say he has no business talking about how good Brady is and what LSU basketball is and isn't. I thought he was dumb before, but he just went and made himself look completely ridiculous talking about LSU's basketball history.

4. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

To Jeffinbama and Death Valley: Finally, someone gets my point.

5. Tuwho?

Tuwho? Banned Forever

There are number of quality coaches out there and at the end of the season LSU will conduct a quality basketball head coaching search--the program will experience its first year of being "IN THE RED" in over 30 years. That means the program is losing money hand over fist this year and the bleeding is going to stop with the firing of Brady. The losing money info comes courtesy of the Athletic Department who for some strange reason is now leaking this info out "FOR A REASON" I might add.

6. DeafValleyBatnR

DeafValleyBatnR Founding Member

I never thought we

were Duke but Duke was not Duke until the Late 80's. North Carolina ruled with Kentucky in the basketball world then Georgtown had a little run after that you saw UConn come around Houston was another. LSU was never been anybody's Bitch in the SEC until the probation. I guess my point is our Football program went down in the 90's and its back our Basketball program is down right now and it will be back. I also believe that BRADY is a good coach as he showed with an SEC championship a couple of years ago he will get this program back. He still does not have a full bench sorry if you think he does but he does not. I believe he has done a great job over the past 4 years with what he has had and I really think he needs 2 more Classes to get this program back from where it is now.

7. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Duh! WE JUST CAME OFF OF PROBATION SANCTIONS YOU DUMB S__t!! Do you not see the correlation?? Coach K, Bobby Knight, John Wooden, God!!! Whoever took the job when Brady did would be having the same problems. Get down off your high horse, quitchurbitchin and support LSU.

8. -T-

-T- Founding Member

more comparisons of Brady to Bobby Knight, Coach K and Wooden. Saban Fan has no clue about basketball. Has never made a logical post on the subject. Just name calling or smartass remarks. I'm beginning to think he only posts about basketball to make people mad.

One SEC championship does not make a guy a good coach. Brady is not a good coach. A team with a group of key, experienced seniors who have all been at the top of SEC statistical categories, with a juco player of the year, and some really good young players do not come around often. This should have been a great year.

Anybody remember the '85-'86 team that dressed 11 players? They even had to bring in football guys to dress out for emergency situations. That team did just fine.

9. roygu

roygu Founding Member

roygu

Why did the 86 team dress only eight players did the other four flunk out. If you remember basketball teams had 15 scholarships back then and I believe that a coach could sign as many as he needed to fill up his roster.
    Comparing Brady to Wooden is ludricous in other ways. UCLA, because of descrimination toward balck athletes through out the rest of the country at the time, could pick almost any athlete they chose. In addition there was only sixteen teams in the tournament which gave conference champions a much better chance to get to the Championship. Add the fact that Dr. Shepherd was buying all the plaers that UCLA needed at the time. IF UCLA had been penalized in relationship to what LSU got they wouldn't be playing yet.
    Wooden was a great coach but by gosh he had every advantage to make a name for himself.

10. -T-

-T- Founding Member

some had bad grades, some were injured, the team even had chicken pox. it just goes to show that having 12, 13,14, 15 scholarship players dressing out isn't everything. even had a 6'6" center.

judging a coach on one sweet 16 apperance is not much to go by probation or not. look at all the small schools who reach the sweet 16 with not much talent at all. if we had a good coach who was a leader we could've gone much farther that year with the talent we had. brady is not a leader and it seems to trickle down to his seniors too. its pretty obvious that this years seniors are fed up with brady by their comments and the way they act toward him. no leadership on the sidelines or the court. having no good designed plays doesn't help confidence much either.