Basketball v Coastal Carolina - WTF

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by lsu-i-like, Dec 14, 2010.

1. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Hmm, dropped another game to a small school. Darn. Insight?

2. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Those Chantacliers.. Fiesty Bunch.

Is the Tuba player playing. I have to admit haven't watched much LSU basketball yet.
    I kind of wrote this season off when I saw we grabbed a big Tuba Player and see if we can make him a basketball player. That is a pretty desperate measure.
    I know the future looks better.

When does Baseball start ;-)

1 person likes this.
  3. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

That small school is no pushover. They were 7-2 on the year heading into that game.

People need to realize we have a lot of young players on this team. We are often playing 3 freshmen for significant stretches at a time. LSU is going to have games like that this year, where starters get into early foul trouble and young players play sloppy and make mistakes. It doesn't help that we really don't have any size to grab more boards and grind out points in the paint when our shooters go cold.

We're going to be living and dying by the jump shot this year. CCU and Memphis are typical of this dynamic, where the team was in a good position to win and our shooters go ice cold for long stretches, and it kills us.

4. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

I think Coastal Carolina, is bigger than you think, almost 10,000, and it is located just outside Myrtle Beach (which I detest) but is very popular with many. Probably easy to recruit good b-ballers that don't have grades for prime time conferences (just a guess on my part).

It kind of reminds me of those Florida schools other than FSU and UF that have gotten big while no one is looking. They generally win several games a year against big time competition.

hwr

jeez, can't believe I posted on non-football topic!

5. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

Post play was lacking. I'm kind of disappointed in Malcolm White. He needs to step it up a notch or 5.

They showed poise by coming back and tying the game, sending it to overtime but they went cold in the OT.

6. SyrTiger

SyrTiger ooo yea thats hot

Coastal Carolina is actually better than LSU currently. They were the top in the Big South last year but lost in the conference title game to NCAA regular Winthrop. This year they seem to be the team to beat in their conference again. They will probably end up being a 15 or 16 seed this year.

7. Tigers Paw

Tigers Paw Founding Member

White has been a big disappointment so far and Warren's play so far is'nt any better and unless that changes this will be another long year.

8. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Did Brady ever lose to Coastal Carolina?

9. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

These guys need to learn how to fight for rebounds. CCU kept getting 3rd and 4th shot opportunities with 2 of our players unable to box out just 1 of theirs, while we're lucky to grab any offensive boards. Malcolm White is looking like the second coming of Chris Johnson, all arms and legs and no physicality. And when he does show aggressiveness he commits stupid cheap fouls and Garrett Green has to come in for long stretches.

10. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

this is bound to happen (many times) when you rely on freshmen guards. but they will improve and lsu will sting a team or two that they shouldnt.