Basketball vs. McNeese St

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by mrgreen21, Dec 16, 2010.

1. mrgreen21

mrgreen21 Founding Member

I'm very perplexed right now... Keeping up with the score on the net... Why are we in a battle with McNeese... I think this team is a lot better then what they've played the last few games.. I think CTJ is a great coach... Whats going on????

2. mrgreen21

Wow they are out rebounding us... Whats going on with Storm and White??

3. TGer'nLHornLand

TGer'nLHornLand Founding Member

It is quite perplexing. I do think at some point you wonder. Another overtime game. Kind of an ugly game from what I can see in the stats on the net. Alot of 3s from Turner, Dotson having an off night, but the bigs doing alright.

I have to think that some of struggles are just what you should expect from essentially a new team playing together... identity issues, who's going to take the big shot, confidence. Let's hope they pull this one out.

:geauxtige

4. TGer'nLHornLand

Tigers catching fire in OT. Role reversal of last game, and Storm Warren is playing up to his potential! 10 point lead.

5. TGer'nLHornLand

Game over. Tigers win 78-66. A twelve point win that probably had folks sweating too much. But, Turner, Warren and Stringer play well down the stretch. Also a lot of strategic subbing in and out by Trent towards the end of the regulation.

A win, even against McNeese, is appreciated for a young team. Let's hope they learn something from this.

6. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

I was able to watch this game on CST -- I have Cox Cable here in Fairfax County, VA, and they show CST.

LSU gutted this one out. Good to see the team pull it out in OT and play through adversity after blowing a 10 point second half lead. As others have said, this is a young team. They do have talent and I hope can fare better than last season once SEC play starts. Stringer is fun to watch; Turner (23 pts) and Warren (17 pts) both played well.

Lyn Rollins' call on Malcolm White -- "Malcolm in the middle" after scoring 3 buckets down low.

:geauxtige

7. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

I'm wondering how much that 11-day hiatus affected them. The team looked like they were playing solid basketball up until that point and have struggled like hell ever since.

8. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

Still some soft post play, but both White and Warren played well in stretches. I think we will need more from Dennis Harris. The long live body is missing.

9. QBLuke

QBLuke Hickey Da God

Good win, move on. Not gonna worry about the aesthetics, just ready to get our kids battle tested already.

What's the deal with our post guys? They were supposed to be our strength this year.

10. mrgreen21

I'm pleased that they outscored MSU 18-6 on OT... That just lets you know the potential is there!