Basketball vs Nicholls State

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by northernvatiger, Nov 16, 2010.

1. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Crowton is on the LSU coaching staff. They all get credit the for wins and they all get the blame for losses.

I'm not saying Brady is a better coach than Johnson. I'm saying LSU should not lose to Nicholls State.

2. QBLuke

QBLuke Hickey Da God

Yeah and he completely destroyed our roster every other year. There was no stability with Brady at the helm, because we'd run players off left and right, or they would just go pro.

Trent is building a program that can compete and stay atop the league for multiple years, not a fly-by-night operation that was the basketball equivalent to Ole Miss or Arkansas football: Competitive one year, awful the next, rinse and repeat.

No, we shouldn't lose to Nicholls St. And our football team shouldn't lose to UAB at home either. Doesn't mean either couldn't conceivably go on to become a championship level program DOWN THE ROAD, now does it?

3. SabanFan

Nope. It doesn't mean that. I hope they end up as Champions down the road but I wouldn't hold my breath.

4. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

I think we will be OK. He looks to be a good coach and he seems to keep the players he gets without pissing anyone off.

5. QBLuke

QBLuke Hickey Da God

I didn't say it automatically means that, I said that losing to Nicholls St. does not completely rule out the possibility that they improve and become championship caliber down the road.

My point, basically, was that even a great coach is going to lose a few games to teams it shouldn't lose to, in the middle of a rebuilding process.

See, LSU v. UAB, football...

Alabama v. ULM, football...

and any number of early season bball upsets.

One loss does not make a team, or a coach.

6. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

What a negatiger and a bandwagon fan you've turned out to be.:hihi:

7. SabanFan

To a lot of people the Ole Miss game last year did.

8. SabanFan

I'm yankin' the Brady chain. For years we argued about "Brady needs to go" and in the 2 years he's been gone we've turned into a freakin' laughing stock that can't beat Nicholls and barely beat NLU. Was it worth it? How long does Johnson get? Nothing against Johnson but he cannot compete against the BB elite for top recruits. Never will.

9. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

He doesn't get much longer IMO, a year or two. Yes it was definitely worth it, without a doubt.

10. SabanFan

Good for you. Do we play SLU? Losing to them will make you even happier.