Basketball vs UNT

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by northernvatiger, Dec 22, 2010.

1. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

Excellent post, and with a large dose of perspective. Hope we can play respectably once the SEC play starts...

:geauxtige

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

No. I'm not hoping LSU fails to somehow make me look good about being "right". My issue is with the basketball fans who hated and vilified Brady from Day 1. Now, these same fans are more than willing to be patient and to treat CTJ with velvet gloves while refusing to acknowlege that NO progress has been made during this coach's tenure.

I maintain that we are looking at an SEC 0-fer and hope that recruiting goes well. Right now this team is not even competitive against mid majors.

3. NavyTiger

NavyTiger dunn dunn it all

Seriously I am a pretty positive person but let's be honest, the 2010 LSU basketball team is not very good. They shot .365 against NT. NT shot .518. There is just about no possible way to win a game shooting that badly and defending just as bad. With that being said, I commented that LSU will win about 5 or 6 SEC games. I still stand to this, they could have just had a horrible night yesterday. Time will tell.

4. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

I don't issues with what you say...but with how you say it. You have openly stated that you don't care about basketball but you don't have any shortage of criticism. That is what get people a little riled.

Those calling for Brady's head was warranted because he been here 10+ years and had caused a drastic drop off in talent and success. (I questioned his coaching and probably was glad he left but I never called for him to be fired). Every 4-5 years he'd make a run and those of us who follow basketball felt that wasn't good enough. I'll support a coach because I want them to succeed no matter who it is. I'd give Johnson the benefit until next season when his stamp is fully on this program. If we don't show progress then I'd respectfully call for a change.

5. SyrTiger

SyrTiger ooo yea thats hot

The only thing that I'm questioning is whether or not others would be happy with 5-6 wins in SEC play. If 4 of the wins came from Alabama and Auburn, is it really that impressive? IMO, not at all.

6. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

N Texas beat LSU because they are an up and down the court fast break team. LSU was fully unprepared and never got in a rhythm - N Texas took it to us early and weren't able to respond. I am very disappointed in this game and this season so far is a disappointment as far as I am concerned.

Trent Johnson should have been able to adjust to North Texas' style of play.

Hopefully this is a matter of youth and the team needing time to gel. But so far this year Coach Johnson isn't getting the results. Hope he is working on behind the scenes things that won't show up until later.

7. 100%TigerBred

100%TigerBred Founding Member

you must not of had good seats or paid attention because LSU does not have a Malcom Scott. To also see very little talent you must be blind. Yes, they are playing bad, real bad, but talent wise we are good. I could go on and on, but its not worth explaining things to people who aren't true fans.

8. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Pay attention. My issue is with those who blasted Brady from the day he was hired. There were many of them.

I care about LSU. Basketball? I could live without it, but I still follow the Tigers. Heat/Lakers doesn't fire me up one bit, though.

9. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Your issue is with a VERY small group of fans, then. How many here fit that description?

10. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

Zactly...

While he makes sure he takes issue in EVERY b-ball thread that is started.