basketball

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by inNickwetrust, Nov 9, 2004.

1. inNickwetrust

inNickwetrust Founding Member

the 6-9 330 pound center has 4 STEALS tonight, how many guys that size can do that?

2. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Bass will have to be much improved from last year to average 20 a game, time will tell and I hope you are right. Make that 11 RB's for Nelter.

3. inNickwetrust

i think bass can average 20 a game because unlike last year i think the lane will be open, both big baby and neltner can hit the mid range jumper and occasionally a 3, with those 2 guys ability to move outside the paint and drag away potential double teams from bass, plus hopefully tack d mitch and hudson will be a huge threat from the outside, pulling once again taking teams out of a tough zone, then again the 3 guards could get cold and we struggle with the same zone defenses, but luckily tack d mitch and hudson will have big years so no worries, little dissapointed to see hudson only 2-10 from the field, tack had a good one as did d mitch with 4 3's from mitchell, and 1 from tack,the scary thing is if the backcourt gets hot one game, you cannot stop our offense

4. Tigers Paw

Tigers Paw Founding Member

I know it is only exhibition and the first game but Hudson 2 out of 10.

5. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Also Lazare starting and scoring zero points and one rebound to go with 3 fouls and no assists. There are a couple of guys that have talent but need to find the on switch because you need a bench to compete in the SEC.

6. inNickwetrust

pleased but we can get better, we would have blown the game open tonight if not for a few brain farts, tigers get up 17 and then 4 fouls and 3 turnovers later over the course of 3 minutes, not one basket as the opponent gets to within 3, this is still a very young team and it is just the 1st game with a new offense, and if you look at some of runs the team went on to get the lead up to 17 and 16, the offense would then sputter, by the looks of it tack should be the starter, if my memory serves me right the offense began to sputter with xavier in the game, but i could be wrong, look to see a lot of improvement from here to the tulane game

7. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

89-64 lakers, 9 min remaining, kobe 27 in 25 minutes. way to go whore-nuts on your home court.

8. tirk

i don't see Bass averaging 20. I just don't think its in his game after i saw his collapse last year. I see him more of a defensive force inside getting near 15 pts and 10 boards. Of course its very possible.

9. tirk

mitchell was 4/8 3 pt land which is a good way to start the season, team was 7/15 overall. I dont think they shot that many in one game last year. May help open up the inside which will be nice for Bass and Little Dunker.

little dunker was 5 of 6 from the field, 2 of 3 from the line, 12 points 6 boards and played 25 minutes. very good sign.

Brad bridgewater plays for EA had 11 points and 2 boards in 18 minutes.

who were our starting 5?

10. lmb20988

lmb20988 Founding Member

Also, Tack did well.