basketball

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by inNickwetrust, Nov 9, 2004.

1. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Just getting in from the game here.... I mostly focused on watching Davis and Neltner during this game.

Neltner seems to be a lot stronger and had one heck of a good job racking up on the intangibles - rebounds, an occasional block, blocking out well to allow teammates to get rebounds... He got to start tonight - only exhibition though of course.

Davis......... This guy was *constantly* diving on the floor for loose balls and getting very appreciative cheers from the crowd the whole time. He moves very fast and has great hands - really got some steals that made me go WOW. He has a nice soft touch on fall away jumpers near the paint. I can't wait to see him play again.

2. LSUGradin99

Davis' first moments on the court as a tiger:

3. martin

martin Banned Forever

cool pics, good descriptions. i approve.

4. LSUGradin99

Former tiger, Brad Bridgewater, had a nice game on his former court.

5. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

who were the starting 5?

6. LSUGradin99

Bass
    Minor
    Mitchell
    Neltner
    Hudson

7. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

I'm sorry guys but I thought Neltner didn't play a good game at all. Sure he got some rebounds but he was getting abused on the defensive end. If he was fronting someone they were able to throw it over the top for him for an easy basket or foul. This happened a couple times in a row down the floor. But hey, it was the first game and there is always room for improvement.

Davis had a good game and it looks like he has an array of low post moves. He threw out an up and under, a nice drop step and even a fadeaway. The fadeaway was pretty sweet. As he was going up, a defender raked the ball causing Davis to lose it but he regained control in the air and was able to make the shot. He was also on the floor for any loose ball he was close to, it was almost like he was diving on a fumble.

Tack looked great on the breaks (Brady really is letting them run, don't let the score mislead you.) and he looks to have lost some weight from last year. He should be the starter all year if he can keep playing like this.

8. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

How much weight has Tac lost? Did he play under control running the breaks? How about Kounjia? How did he look and what kind of minutes per game is he looking at? Backup to the 3 (Hudson)? I'm really excited about this team.

9. LSUstudent

LSUstudent Founding Member

this thread is giving me goose bumps...i love LSU basketball!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

Tack lost (I would guess 10 pounds) some of the muscles in his shoulders and arms. Last year he looked like a little spark plugs but this year he looks more like a point guard. It should help his quickness, if that's possible. On the breaks he looked really really fast. A couple of times he was able to get to the basket for easy layups that should have been made, but that he missed. Give him a few more early season games and they'll be dropping. Times that there wasn't anything he would pull it out and set up the offense. There was a break or two that he was out of control and would have likely turned the ball over against a better team, but it's early in the season so he get's a pass.

Koundjia looked OK. He actually made a 3 pointer. :eek: He was really out running on the break. Several times he was ahead of everyone practically begging to get thrown an alley oop. I think he'll be in 20 minutes a game playing backup to Hudson as you said.