Bass and Koundjia Parada AA's

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Hub, Mar 31, 2003.

1. Hub

Hub Founding Member

Bass 1st team and Koundjia 3rd. Didn't realize how highly thought of Koundjia is. Both playing in the EA all-star game tonite...unfortunately not on TV. Some pretty good quotes from Brady.....didn't realize he had a funny bone. Especially like Brady's comparison of Koundjia to Swift.

The Link

2. roygu

roygu Founding Member

There are a lot of freshmen playing in the NCAA tournament that have been big contributers to their teams success, this year, that were in the top fifty recruits last year. The guy who plays for Syracuse, Anthony, was the second rated player last year. Watts for Florida was about forty seven, Winston at Alabama was seventeen, and there is a big white guy at Texas that was a big part of Texas success over the weekend.

3. Hub

Hub Founding Member

Bass had 16 points in the game to lead the East Squad. No info on Koudnjia. Saw this in an article at www.usatoday.com didn't take the time to link it b/c it was essentially a 30 paragraph ass kiss fest of Lebron James.

For the media and Lebron James' sake I sure hope he lives up to the hype otherwise the media will look like a buncha idiots (what's new) and James will get crucified by the fans.

4. Eleven

Eleven Founding Member

are Bass and Koudnjia qualified yet? we really need those guys to be ready to play as freshmen.

another question...Tac Minor is widely considered to be one of the top 5 PGs in the nation...so why hasnt he played in any of these All American games? is he going to play in any?

5. Hub

Hub Founding Member

I haven't heard anything about Bass and Koudnjia being qualified or not.....for Brady's sake I hope they are.

I wonder about Minor playin in the All-Star games as well. There is one coming up at the end of April that he is playin in.....can't remember which one though. Whenever I've heard recruiting "experts" or just the media talk about Minor it hasn't been good.......big ego, undiscipline, uncoachable, etc. and he obviously has a temper considering the dodge-ball he has been playin with the refs. I kinda wonder if he is intentionally being passed over b/c of his attitude, etc. Strange thing about him though is his GPA and ACT/SAT (can't remember which one) is big time......good enough for an academic scholly.

6. Tuwho?

Tuwho? Banned Forever

Read on another site that Bass was something like 4 or 5 points shy on the ACT and was borderline with Core GPA. Didn't anything about the African kid though as to whether he qualified or not.

7. roygu

roygu Founding Member

Brady said that all signees are qualified. In fact, according to Brady, Minor, Koundjai, Neltner, and Lazarre are all excellent students. Someone on the Lair keeps posting that Bass is not qualified at this time but I haven't heard anything from a proven source about his academics.

Koundjai also scored 13 in the All Star gme and had seven rebounds.

Bass scored sixteen and had nine rebounds. He also hit the only three that he attempted. He hit one in the McDonalds game also.