Bass Declares for NBA Draft

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by BB, Apr 27, 2004.

1. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

This is-unequivocally-THE POST OF THE YEAR ON THIS SITE REGARDING BASKETBALL!

LMAO!

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Agree. He's barely ready for the SEC.

3. seabrookcajun

seabrookcajun Founding Member

Brady should have never been hired. I think it was an inside job by Gordon Dore of Crowley, who is on the LSU Board of Supervisors. As you probably know, Brady used to coach at Crowley High. LSU should have had a national search when Dale Brown left.

I was willing to give him a chance and I know that he inherited a lot of problems, but I think now that he has a reputation that the players don't like him because of players leaving. That is pretty much the kiss of death for a program.

I attended another high school in Acadia Parish when Brady was at Crowley. We held a district track meet at Crowley High and Brady was one of the officials at the meet. On the final lap of the 2 mile run, a teammate and I stretched the tape across the finish line. Brady told us to remove the tape because the runners had 2 laps left. We tried to tell him differently. He just ignored us. The runners ran 9 laps instead of 8. The 1-2 finishers after eight laps swapped positions on the last lap. Brady cost one a first place finish. Now anyone can make a mistake, but the guy would not even listen to us when we told him he was wrong.

4. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Dore also tried to pressure the BOS into holding home basketball games at the Rice Theater but Freddy Pate wouldn't give up his live country music show on Saturday nights.

It's well known that several successful coaches were chomping at the bit to come to a school that had just been placed on 4 years probation and figuratively b*tch slapped into oblivion by the NCAA.

You know damned well that Brady was cleared in the subsequent Congressional Investigation that followed this most egregious act.

5. SeN-SaTioN

SeN-SaTioN Founding Member

I actually would not be surprised if this news is true. My take is that he is not happy with the way Brady runs the team. I don't think any player likes playing for Brady...they look like they're all miserable and that they kinda resent him. He seems to not treat them like men.

6. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Kinda like that confrontation between Brady and Tack during the OU loss.
    Who like the way Brady runs things?

7. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

everyone when they were in the sweet 16 and winning.

8. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

SabanFan...You're a card, man...I am seriously chuckling over here...Your horse is almost bare bones by now, and you're still jimmying and jangling those spurs into his belly so much you'd think you were at Churchill Downs and your last name was Shoemaker...

We all get you like losers who whore out a program for any glimmer of success, and then whine, bitch, and complain about players for whom he initially sold out for then turn around and just follow their head coach's example...We get it, and if the shoe fits, you wear that bad boy till your toe busts out the front.

But, at least make an effort to be objective here. The guy is an @sshole. The guy recruits questionably-at best. The guy was from Samford. The guy was Joe Dean, Jr's, best friend. The guy is-when it comes to off the court decisions-someone that you would distance yourself from if he was not the LSU Men's Basketball Head Coach. The guy can never keep a team performing at a consistent level. The guy has never recruited to LSU needs, even in the face of limited scholarships. The guy came here knowing what happened, and knowing the score.

The guy is a cull. As some older Livingston Parish residents would say it to emphasize it, he's a "pure D cull"...

You're like a battered wife who keeps looking into the mirror and saying the bruises aren't that bad...Or telling the cops and the nurses at the hospital that, "you deserve it". Leave the b@stard!

9. poli

poli Founding Member

Not only Joe Dean Jr's best friend but he was also his roommate while at Miss State. Pitiful hire in every since of the word pitiful.

10. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

Would this make a team who has the #23 pick (or so) less likely to take him? What other players have made statements like this about returning if they aren't picked in a certain range?

I wonder where he would've gone straight from high school last year after playing well in the McDonald's All-American game. Probably somewhere in the mid to late first round, although remember Josh Howard (Wake?) was picked with the last pick in the 1st round after an exceptional season playing in the ACC. Might have been ACC player of the year. The longer you stay in school, the less "upside" and "potential" a player has. I'm sure Bass realizes this. I think he should give it one more year to get his stock to rise.