Bass is gone

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by cajdav1, May 13, 2005.

1. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Gone

Good luck to him, hope he doesn't have to take Italian lessons because of this decision.

2. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

This is a huge blow. Very unfortunate. This will hurt LSU terribly. Good luck to BB

3. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

4. KTeamLSU

KTeamLSU Founding Member

Come on guys... are you really surprised...

Thats like saying it would surprise you if Leinart had entered the NFL Draft... which the surprise was in fact him staying in school.

The only thing that could have come for BB next year would be injury or drop him draft status... he is the best he is going to be in college right now, time to go play with the big boys + he has said before, that there are alot of people he wants to help out when he signs his contract... y flush that by tearing a knee up in college ...

5. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

I'm just saying it really hurts the Tigers. No doubt.

6. KTeamLSU

KTeamLSU Founding Member

Its not like we were contenders for the NC next year anyway... come on guys John Brady is still our Coach (lol).

7. Tigers Paw

Tigers Paw Founding Member

Well the top player and your top reserve are now going, I guess Brady's excuse next year will be we have a young team.

8. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

Good talent can outweigh bad coaching. Coaches have to have the horses to win. Brady would have the horses. This whole thing about Neltner going and how devestating it will be is kinda weak. He was a good role player and he'll be a toughie to lose, but he wasnt that good. Now, losing Bass is huge. I wonder how dumb Neltner feels now. He would have been a front runner to start. See what you get for being impatient. Have fun at Vandy!!!

9. gzilla

gzilla Founding Member

Most years, I would agree with you. But not this year...not with the NBA age limit looming. Given that possibility, and the fact that he is a marginal first round draft pick (guaranteed money vs. probably not being on a team) I think the best move he could have made was to stay.

I wish him the best of luck.

10. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

I don't know who is advising BB, but he did a bad job. Bass really needed one more year of college to hone his outside game, since his NBA future is clearly at the 3 spot. And with the guys LSU has coming in, Brady would have been able to move him outside. He's a low first round pick at best this year, would be a sure lottery pick next year. I wish him well, but he made a mistake.