Bass leaning towards a return

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by clair, May 1, 2005.

1. u r tigerbait22

u r tigerbait22 Founding Member

yeah...he would be stupid to leave. Would not be drafted til at least the 2nd round where he isn't guaranteed a contract. Too many good big guys. I think it would be smart (biased thinking of course) for him to return and work on that shot for one more season, and polish himself for what may be a weaker draft next year. Plus, i'd love to see him and big baby with tasmin and the other guys that are coming in next year...wow what a team we could have!:lsup: LSU! :geauxtige

2. clair

clair Rockets

At 6-8 (really 6-6 and 3/4ths without shoes) and without a really bulky build, Brandon is best adapted for SF position.

I expect this season for him to handle the ball from the top more, slash more, and do little things in games to help weed him off of that post.

For example: he is 6-8 and roughly 245-250

The average power forward now is 6-11 or maybe closer to 7 foot, and they have the 3 pt shot as is:

So I expect for Brandon to look to drop to about 230 to work on his quickness and develop a jumper to become an efficient 3.

If he can get that quickness, I think he can be a VERY pesky defender at that spot

3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Brandon also said he was thinking of becoming a TF member. He's not certain but he's definitely thinking about it. I'm not saying its a 100% certain so don't hold me to it. he said its 50/50 but trust me, he's thinking about it.

4. JVincent25

JVincent25 Founding Member

This isn't anything new, the speculation that he will come back has been around for about two weeks now, he will benefit so much by returning in terms of draft stock, it seems like a no-brainer at this point. Bass switching over to SF would be dumb, he was the freaking SEC POY at PF, and would've been maybe the best PF in the country, plus Taz should be playing SF anyway, seems like sort of a selfish move.

5. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Correct. Brady was quoted a week or so ago saying he believed Bass will be back. Funny thing is cgisoddsplaya's post sounded a lot like Brady's comments. Good to see that the young man reads the paper.

6. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

tell him the dumpster on siegen gets it a day earlier than the dumpster on campus.

7. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

From the TP

8. clair

clair Rockets

okay! that is fine! it is all fun and games! :)

PHEW:

I'm glad im not a one-dimensional person like some here: not to mentions anyone specific!

9. clair

clair Rockets

Where in that newspaper quote does Brady say he thinks he will come back?

Thank you very much! :)

You said earlier 'at least i read the paper'

Yeah... at least i can understand what i read too!

It is no wonder Louisiana education is one before last to :eek:lefire:

10. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Ok smarty, Mr champion of reading comprehension.

Where in this thread before your post do you see the words "at least" that you quoted?

I see you understand what you read very well lol....