Bastrop/Evangel Game

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by razer, Oct 12, 2007.

1. razer

razer unregistered offender

Just got back home from it, Bastrop dominated 41-20. It was 28-0 at half and Bastrop really backed off in the 2nd half, Evangel scored their 2nd TD with 3 seconds left in the 3rd. Mackey is the real deal, kid is gonna be a nice player for someone on Saturday. Bastrop also has a receiver, Reuben Randle I think (#5), very impressive and he's only a Jr...he was very Bowe-esque I would say. There was also a couple guys on their defensive line who are outright monsters. Reminds me a lot of some of the old Neville Teams...just loaded. I will be surprised if they don't win State.

2. LSUguy31

LSUguy31 Guest

I was supposed to go to that game... but wasn't able to attend. I figured Bastrop was gonna kill'em. There's a huge difference really in 1A to 4A. After talking to a few friends who did attend... sounded like it was a good game to watch.

3. philter

philter Founding Member

Randle is almost assuredly going to be a top 100 player next year.

4. pjnchamps

pjnchamps Founding Member

I really like Mackey and he really wants to play at LSU. Think he could either be a nice WR or CB for us. He's a playmaker IMO he's better than Pat White's little brother who holds scholarships for a couple of I-A schools.

5. philter

philter Founding Member

Supposedly he only wants to be recruited as QB, his coach has said he won't let anyone near him unless it's for QB...bad move if that's still the case.

6. Potted Plant

Potted Plant Founding Member

Randle may be the #1 or #2 WR in the country next year, and has a good shot at being a 5-star.

7. pjnchamps

pjnchamps Founding Member

He has backed off the only QB thing because His family told him that he would get more offers if he would keep his options open. Plus he really wants to go to LSU and is his dream school. I have alot of relatives from there and talked to him on different occasions and LSU is the team to beat and he may even grey shirt plus Benton is his good friend also. Rivals or Scout did an article about him and LSU.

8. gely33

gely33 Here I Stand

hey lsuguy31 apparently you dont know louisiana high school football if you are judging evnagel bye classifacation cuz thats not a good comparison evangel is probably the most dominant hight school football program louisiana has ever seen have to put west monroe an john curtis in there also but anyway you get the point bastrop didnt just domnant little old springhill they did it to what is routineley a high school national not just state power.

9. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

Poor spelling, punctuation, and grammar aside, you are correct. Evangel only recently moved down to 1A due to the asinine state law passed a few years ago designed to hurt these private schools.

10. LSUguy31

LSUguy31 Guest

In past years that may be true, and while i'm not knocking Evangel (they are good) just seems to me their missing something that they've had in the past years. Maybe it was just a bad game.