Bastrop/Evangel Game

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by razer, Oct 12, 2007.

1. gely33

gely33 Here I Stand

no there just young i think there is maybe 2 seniors that start alot of sophomores an juniors even some freshmen starting......theyve won i think 5 out of the last 6 state title games theyve played i dont think there missing much u gotta remember they get whacked at least once every year in the season cuz they dont back down from playing any1.....trust me somethign always seems to click when its playoff time.....but to give credit to what u said they havent had the big time players they usually produce...

2. offshoretrash

offshoretrash Founding Member

Yes Evangel is missing something...half their players are playing for Calvary.

I thought Mackey would be a good one too. If he comes to LSU they might use him in a 2 QB system with J Lee. He would be a good option QB.

3. razer

razer unregistered offender

yep, that's pretty accurate there. Evangel doesn't have near the talent that they used to have for two reasons: Calvary and the rule change. and actually, I believe Evangel is 2A not 1 A and Bastrop is 4A. A nice win for Bastrop but yeah, it's not as if they drilled a normal Evangel team...also, the score was closer than it shoulda been.

I talked to a couple Bastrop fans at the game and they seemed to think that Randle would be playing QB next season. I will say this, Mackey was just amazing out there when he was running or scrambling, just found a way to stay alive and either run for yards or get a good pass off. One of the D-Lineman's last names was Hall, he was good to say the least and he was kinda big.

4. pjnchamps

pjnchamps Founding Member

October 10, 2007

Louisiana QB taking care of business

Barton Simmons
    Rivals.com Football Recruiting

Just past the midway point in his senior season, Bastrop (La.) quarterback Randall Mackey is cruising. The dual-threat quarterback has led his Rams to a 6-0 start and has been putting up big numbers in the process.

He is a 3 Star Dual Threat QB now. He also list Arkansas, Oklahoma, and LSU. Surprising he doesnt list Mississippi State because I've been hearing Arkansas and Mississippi St have been pursing him hard as a QB but he is waiting on a offer from LSU. Also don't be surprise if Auburn sneaks in his top 3. IMO he is better than skyler at this point and is taller plus has a better work ethic and desire to get better.