Baton Rouge Sports talk radio

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by BayouBomber, Feb 24, 2004.

1. BayouBomber

BayouBomber Founding Member

How do these clowns get on the air? I like Buddy Songy, but outside of him, these guys are horrible...namely Fine, Andrews and Ott. I am addicted to sports talk radio but my addiction is starting to lose grip becasue of what we have to choose from.

2. gotskeeters

gotskeeters Founding Member

Don't bash the little otter....I like his show.

3. Tigerskin

Tigerskin Founding Member

What do people have against Ott? Sure he can be arrogant and has some quirks but he does have sports knowledge and stays up to date. It isn't always easy talking about local sports 2 hours a day when nothing is going on. I would rather listen to him on my commute home than the national guys.

4. edyel

edyel edyel

I've been looking for B.R. based sports talk on the internet. Anybody know of a station that streams LSU sports?

5. carwashguy

carwashguy Founding Member

I like Buddy and Ott...I got problems with Fine...but BLAKE ANDREWS has to go...that guy is the biggest moron, I dont know how he stays on the air...anyone ever catch that blake introduces himself "Welcome to Baton Rouge Sports weekly, where we are somtimes controversial but always entertaining(yeah right), and here is your host...Blake Andrews" then its like, "Hello everyone welcome to the program...wow...I was at the Hornets game last night, forget who we played...Dave, you got a score on that one, lets go to line two" man this guy is horrible and he agrees with everything you say.

6. crawfish

crawfish Founding Member

"It's getting spicy in here"

I'm a fan of Buddy Songy....He really loves LSU. I'm not sure you can say the same about the other guys. Songy is the only radio host that can land Saban for an interview.

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Richard Condon

8. L5UTiger

L5UTiger Founding Member

I agree, that guy needs to do some research for his show. Last year when the NFL opened on a Thursday night game, Redskins v. Jets I think, his show on Friday, someone asks him a question about the game the night before and he says he didnt get to catch the game. IT WAS THE ONLY GAME ON TV. WTF!?!?! You have a SPORTS talk show and you dont watch the first game of the season?

Also many times during the year, someone would ask him what channel and time LSU football played this week, and he would either give the wrong answer or just say he didnt know. HOW IN THE HELL DOES HE HAVE A SHOW? Give me Kornheiser or Dan Patrick instead of that bozo. I am tempted to call in on his show and ask him whats going on with the Kornheiser show. Seriously, he doesnt have the knowledge to be doing what he does.

9. iluvdatiger

iluvdatiger Founding Member

I LOVE Jimmy OTT!

10. AMEN!!!

That guy is terrible, John Fine is terrible. I had to stop listening to both of them. I wish I could listen to a real LSU sports show in their time slots. I could also do Kornheiser instead. Even though he is not sports though, I would have to say that Matt Kennedy is the absolute worst of them all. Sometimes I just wish he would stick to being a 'program director' and stop yapping his trap on every show of every station, commercials etc.... Who wants to hear that guy!?!?

Buddy is very good (best in town)- Ott and Condon are very good too, I like all of those guys. :D