Baton Rouge Sports talk radio

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by BayouBomber, Feb 24, 2004.

1. LSUfan4life

LSUfan4life Founding Member

what station is it on?

2. iluvdatiger

iluvdatiger Founding Member

1210am and Ott comes on tv at 10:30pm on channel 22 in case you miss the radio show

3. LSUfan4life

LSUfan4life Founding Member

great thanks!

4. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

iluvdatiger...I'm guessing your last name must be Ott, perhaps?

Either that, or you must be a regular at the tables on the floor of the Caterie on Friday afternoons...

5. TigerEducated

As for sports talk radio...

1. Songy
    2. Ott (Out of default; there's no one better, but he's not that great)
    3. Condon (I don't even listen due to being at work)
    4. Andrews (read explanation of Ott's ranking)
    5. Jon Fine

Easily the most asinine dumbf*** I've ever heard on the radio...His monotone, nasally, weasly voice is atrocious, and his knowledge of sports and interjection of social commentary is ludicrous. His lack of concession on even the most ridiculous of points is incomprehensible, and he is-quite literally-the only thing on AM radio that will make me turn the channel when it comes to sports talk in this area...

I've seen him walk into an area business in Denham Springs to solicit advertising, and the best thing I can say is that as bad as his voice is, he's got a face made for radio...

1210, if you're listening...Get him off the air, and find someone to put the talent on the air...I'm not going to say that I could do any better, but I can tell you that my general sports knowledge and my following of the major sports as well as LSU sports in particular usurps both Andrews and Fine easily, and I'd be willing to say Ott has no more knowledge of sports than I do outside of MLB...But who cares about MLB in Baton Rouge, anyway?

Condon's on at a bad time...1-3 is an hour after Buddy's show lets in, and that 2-3 slot is like a doldrum for the most part due to people who actually WORK an can't listen...If they put him on in the morning drive slot, he would KILL, but then again, that's what 93.7 is doing to 98.1 with Walton and Johnson...Condon and Bender BEAT THEIR ASSES HANDS DOWN in the mornings...

6. Who are you talking about in the first couple of paragraphs?

7. TigerEducated

Jon "I'm so stupid I should be" Fine(d)....

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

He is the worst even for local. Give his job to Quigs from ESPN's Dream Job

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Does anybody remember when Jordy Hultberg was on Channel 2 and he tried to act like he was Chris "I'll Never be Your Beast of" Berman?

10. TigerEducated

Do you remember the Sunday Night Sports Show at 10:35pm on Sunday nights in BR?

He had Ruffin "I've never met a drink-or a local LSU guy-I couldn't schmooze off of" Rodrigue, and Greg Bowser on there...

They were pretty good from a football angle, but it was like the chuckle bullpen for the most part...

They took calls for awhile...and one of them...Changed it all.

Jordy: Let's go to line 2...Hey, you're on with Jordy, Ruffin, & Greg!

Best Local Sports Call In Show Caller Ever (Obviously intoxicated): Hey Jordy, you c_cks_cker, how's your hammer hanging....

After that, f bombs were dropped in an incoherent manner till Jordy had unclenched the foam rubber in his asscheeks that he had anally grabbed at hearing the barbs and disconnected the call...

Forevermore after, Bowser would end each segment going into the commercial to come back for calls by beginning, "and remember, we do have..."

To which Ruffin Rodrigue would finish up..."Caller ID"...

Classic...

Oh, for the Good Old Days...