Baton Rouge Sports talk radio

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by BayouBomber, Feb 24, 2004.

1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

i liked Bowser and Rodrigue. Yes I remember when there was nothing but vulgar calls that were rampant when Jordy would go to the phone then they started taping them early in the show and play them at the end. That took all the fun out of it.

Jon Fine is awful and I almost never listen to him though the other day i heard him degrade all the LA ppl by commenting how he smarter than any LA person at random but then he said it wasn't a critical remark. Then knucklehead called him and dogged him out. I still don't get his angle on demeaning his audience but he is so boring i can't listen either way. Obviously by his 2 calls he gets a day with Blake Andrews I presume they are getting the hint. Andrews is a nice guy but he has no clue about any sport.
    I like Ott's show and Buddy's. Ott is by far the most knowledgeable of any local host we have currently. Buddy has a good time slot. Condon gets national interviews which are very good. Walton and Johnson are good but I never listen to 93.7 in the mornings.... any good or do they play music mostly?

Of course MFP makes all the shows so I listen for him. lol. I wish the Saints would let him draft for them or let him in the War Room. He couldn't do any worse.

2. crawfish

crawfish Founding Member

How You Boys?

HW rules!

I wonder how his cows are doing?

3. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

Jon Fine...I love Knucklehead's tape that David Hernandez plays for him all the time where he makes fun of Jon Fine..

"I'm just trying to save the world, and the oceans, and the whales, and my Penn State Education I have you people just don't seem to understand or see the things I see, and I'd just like to thank you for your timeeee."

LOL!

4. tirk

lol yeah i know knucklehead and he is a good guy. i like when he calls most of the time. i need to make a note to call ott and ask why he doesnt call him anymore. they had some kind of falling out.

5. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

I've seen Knucklehead on Friday's at the Caterie during Ott's show, and while the drink specials are very good, I'm doubting that he's there all the way from Brusly, Louisiana fighting happy hour traffic just to pound a few brews, because the West Side's alcohol prices in "establishments" is easily 50% cheaper, even during Happy Hour, and has been for years...

I dunno...

6. tirk

yeah that was a couple yrs ago. not sure what happened since.

7. tirk

8. Purple Jungle

Purple Jungle Founding Member

I believe Fine is on the air because he either owns 1210 or has some kind of managerial role at the station.

Blake Andrews is terrible. He always refers to LSU as "us and we" forgetting the fact that he's a radio host, not a middle linebacker or point guard.

What makes it worse is that he doesn't know ANYTHING about local sports. He talks about LSU everyday, but if someone calls in and can't remember the name of LSU's top receiver, Andrews draws a blank.

And Buddy Songy's a nice guy, but he's a sexual harrassment suit waiting to happen. That guy says wildly inappropriate (WILDLY inappropriate) things to every girl he sees.

And John Fine should learn that any decent morning show has two guys in the booth (at least one of them having above average sports knowledge).

9. diamondgirl

diamondgirl Freshman

The Score 1210 is now streaming all broadcasts at this url:

thescore1210.com

10. captainpodnuh

captainpodnuh Baseball at da Box

I'm not a fan of Jimmy Ott. Blake is a good guy. I agree that he and Fine are not the sharpest knives in the drawer, but they do a decent job of getting people to call in and talk. Knucklehead tailgates with my mom for baseball games, and that dude is funny.

Now, the recent addition of Warner to the 1210 Sports Gumbo broadcast was a terrible move. You wanna talk about boring...Guy has no personality whatsover.