"BATTLE FOR THE BOTTOM" IN TUSCALOOSA ON SATURDAY NIGHT

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Hub, Jan 30, 2003.

1. Hub

Hub Founding Member

It has finally arrived the game I have dubbed as the "Battle for the Bottom". Yes the almight Tigers and Crimson Tide will get it on to see who can lock up the cellar at the near halfway point of the season. Although the Tigers stand at 1-5 and the Tide at 2-4, and a Tigers win would tie the 2 but since the co-bottom dweller would have beaten the other the "Champion of the Deep" distinction has to go the loser. If the Tigers lose they will have a 2 game lead on any other contenders.

To imagine this game is on TV. Oughta make for quite a bit of entertainment......not from the action on the court but from the "peripherals" of the game........which appears to be all these 2 teams care about. This just in: FoxSports is considering replacing the game b/c of lack of interest with a 3 hour marathon of Real TV highlited by a guy in Starkville trying to jump his trailer on a Clydesdale......tune in to see if he makes it.

Back to the intracacies of the game. I see the following match-ups as key:

1) Lloreda vs Dudley - the over/under on how long it takes "Ima Bricklaya" to throw a punch at Dudley is 5 minutes. Get ready Bridgewater and Davis you should get plenty of PT.

2) Brick Competiton - the SEC is sponsoring a brick competition for the game. Whichever player throws up the best brick gets awarded a spot on the Harlem Globetrotters for next year. The SEC also will make a donation to the teams favorite glass repair company in their city. The "best brick" will be determined by 3 categories (1) how far from the basket the ball ricochets off the rim/backboard (2) how far into the crowd the ball goes and (3) the severity of the crack put in the plexiglass backboard. #3 looks to be the best judge.

3) Bright vs M Williams - gymnastic judges will be on hand to award TB or MW with the acrobatic pass award. Whoever can make the best pass while not touching the ground. Points are awarded for style, "no-look", velocity.....whether a player of that team receives the pass does not matter.....just as long as it looks good. No award has been determined yet.......ideas are welcome.

4) Brady v Gottfried - the long awaited battle of the crybabies is here. it started 2 years ago when a Gottfried clone (ie Thug) stood on the press table......words started but no fists......that may all change saturday. Representatives of the NCL (National Charades League) will be present. Both are well know for their facial expressions and tantrums which makes them big time recruits for the NCL....i think they are rated 1 and 2 in this years class.

5) Guinness Book of World Records - Guiness is going to be present to observe or really listen to Brady. The world record for curse words in an hour is 3,311. Brady almost broke that record in the Florida game. According to Guiness they figure that Brady's top is about to blow so they should be on hand for the record breaking performance.

the SEC is looking for more competitions to at least make this game entertaining. Please include your own ideas as they will be visiting the site during the day.

Geaux Real TV!!!!

2. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

This is funny.....

3. Hub

Hub Founding Member

Correction:

I left out good ole Arkansas.....but who cares about them anyway......WHEN Ark gets blasted by Fla on saturday they will either own or share the bottom of the ocean. but since they are in the stix and have fallen off the face of the earth i don't count them. should the Tigers lose they would be tied with the hillbillies.........what a F$#KING embarassment.

I regret the error.

4. Hub

Hub Founding Member

My how times have changed since I started this.

Need I say "FOOT IN MOUTH"

5. tigerb8

tigerb8 Founding Member

HEH, HEH, HEEEEEEEH. gotta love it.

6. geauxscott

geauxscott Founding Member

who would have thunk it!!!"Battle for the Bottom" now becomes possible "Battle for the Top"

7. Hub

Hub Founding Member

Still figure Guiness should show up to count Brady's curse words. That's probably the only thing that hasn't changed.

8. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Would you be happier if Brady smiled pretty and spoke flowery verse while the team is getting their collective asses kicked by Bama.
    Personally, I'll take the win and the venom.

9. Hub

Hub Founding Member

Whatever works for him and gets through to the team is fine with me. Just pointing out that he has been and always will be a sailor.