Baylor big girl lands a punch

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by DJM136, Mar 4, 2010.

1. DJM136

DJM136 fubar 24/7

A catfight I don't care to see!

[FONT=verdana, arial]

No. 14 Baylor beats Texas Tech 69-60 - College Women's Basketball - Rivals.com

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtaPtQnu370[/media]
    [/FONT]

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

i wonder if she will get roasted like Blount from Oregon, probably not, probably wont be penalized as harshly either.

3. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

One thing's for sure...Jordan Barncastle can take a punch like a man. I'm impressed...really impressed.

4. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

From the AP story:

But looking at the video, I would say that's a pretty understated version of what happened. Barcastle did more than "untangle her arm" from Griner, IMO. Not that the punch was justified, just saying Barcastle didn't look like an innocent victim to me.

Good call though, Steve, she can definitely take a punch.

5. Deceks7

Deceks7 Founding Member

I will be home town here, but Barcastle was forced back, I think she was just returning the favor with a bit of attitude because of all the crap that was going on all night. Griner doesn't have any room to complain about anything.

6. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

I haven't seen any of this game except the clip posted above. I see Barcastle with good defensive position on Griner. I see Griner step around and establish her own position by driving Barcastle back with her leg and hip. A physical move, but a legal one. Then I see Barcastle respond by hooking Griner's arm and throwing her off. As I said, I have no idea what happened in the game before this, so I don't know if these two had been banging on each other all night. But just based on the clip, it looks like Griner is responding - stupidly, no doubt - to an unnecessarily flagrant foul by Barcastle.

7. RHans405

RHans405 Let's Roll

I think the league suspended her one game and Mulkey suspended her a second game. Mulkey seemed madder at the incident than anyone.

8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Two games isn't much for a sucker punch in the face after the whistle. Girl got her nose broken.

9. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

she should be. but i agree with red. two games isnt enough for that kind of punch. i dont care if the two players were wrestling and getting physical on the court, but to land that kind of punch is more than going over-board.

i think the girl that took the punch needs to press assault charges. i may be alone in that thought, but physical play is one thing. getting your nose taken off with a sucker punch is another.

10. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

Wait 'til she gets married .....

or not.