BB Men will not beat good teams like this...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by locoguano, Feb 12, 2005.

1. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

Hey, Mr. Stats! Here's a BIG ONE FOR YOU!

Since you now know that Arkansucks scored 5 points off the bench, and that LSU scored 2 points off the bench, and that by subtracting 5 from 2 leaves you with 3, please answer me this question...

If LSU lost by a final score of 65-62, WHAT THE **** WAS THE DAMN DIFFERENCE IN THE GAME, SMART GUY?

LOL!

2. blindside517

blindside517 Founding Member

well ...the difference was brandon bass missing about 30 free throws.

3. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

What about one of the three pointers we missed? Wasn't that the difference? Or what about not getting out to defend or get a hand in the face of one of their guys on the numerous threes they hit late in the 1st half? What about a bad inbounds play Brady might have called? What about the 3 points our bench didn't score that they did?

Give me a break...There is no "difference"...they all accumulated...If Bass hits them, we win...If we score 5 points, we win comfortably...If we get a hand out and defend, we win convincingly...

To try to lay it at the feet of one player is a John Brady type of thing to do...Like he did to Thomas Davis after the Georgia home game...

You've got to have more class than that...Have more class than our head coach...LOL!

4. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

damn straight! dont know about the "hands in the face" stuff, but it is stupid to blame it on one thing. there are always lotsof stuff you can look back on, but i think it mostly came down to ark playing well. im sure there is something more we should have done to stop that, but sometimes open shots fall and sometimes open shots dont. for the longest time, theirs did fall. i wanted brady to have lazare foul modica hard. cant let a guy go nuts like that.

im pleased with how they played overall. continually disappointed in hud though. a damn four year starter should be more consistent. im worried that weve hit our ceiling. overall play is good (ok, better)--turnovers down, taking better shots, better D, more driving--but no consistent players. bass is, i guess, from game to game but not within each game--he often disappears for large chunks of the game. hud, dmitch and minor score way too inconsistantly. i blame hud mostly because this is his FOURTH year of STARTING.

this is also getting me depressed about next year. will guard play improve? maybe, but we lose hud and whip. will minor and mitch become dependable? let us pray. maybe temple or vgood will help but i wouldnt bet on it.

5. Perple

Perple Founding Member

I agree with blindside517, one thing that stuck out is that Bass missed 6 Free Throws, which is not close to his normal FT percentage. LSU leads the SEC in FT percentage at 75.9%.

6. roygu

roygu Founding Member

You could have a team of that entire list of quitters and I doubt they could beat the worst team in the SEC.
    Did any of those guys have a career after they left college?

7. Goodlifetiger

Goodlifetiger Founding Member

I can't see wear the bench scoring was hurting us. The Hogs were not running off and leaving us at the end of the game. If a bench player is in the game scoring, I do believe that means a starter is out and not scoring. It did not appear that the starters were worn out at the end. Free throws lost this game more than any thing I could see. This was a great game played in Hog country and the Tigers represented while there.

It would be nice to have more depth. Yet depth did not lose this one.

8. blindside517

blindside517 Founding Member

hmm so i guess that settles it....free throws not bench scoring was the difference....

9. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

you're a frickin genius.

10. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member