BB Men will not beat good teams like this...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by locoguano, Feb 12, 2005.

1. clair

clair Rockets

LSU can't win a road game:

I dont know the reason, i dont know how to explain it, but they simply can't do it!

We lost to the last place team in CUSA on the road for Pete's Sake...

We have probably 2 legit 1st rd picks on our team... there IS NO REASON we cant be better than we are:

We need new leadership, but that is also a very delicate situation, because Brady does recruit REALLY well.

2. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

.... and people who think the bench's role is purely to score points certainly do not "know basketball"..........

3. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

No sh*t. Of course, any basketball player's role isnt just to "score points". But if you put 2 bench players in the game and the other team goes on a 10-0 run on you, that means your bench players need to learn how to score. But as far as other aspects of the game go, look at the arkansas game.. only 2 rebounds from the bench, 1 blocked shot, 2 steals... and those are all from one player. THe bench sucks all around.

4. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

Hey, we sure did put those two scholarships to good use by signing Garrett Temple & Tyrus Thomas, though, didn't we!

5. blindside517

blindside517 Founding Member

do you honestly think every freshman we sign and bring in is gonna be the savior of our team...there both gonna be solid players down the road....

6. LSUGradin99

My apologies. I will try this again.

.... and people who think the bench's role is purely to score points, get rebounds, block shots, and get steals certainly do not "know basketball"..........

7. TigerEducated

No, of course not...We ALL know that Thomas & Temple will be marginal players at best during the course of their tenure at LSU...No need to put words in my mouth...

But, let me talk about some things John Brady told the media during the past...

He told MULTIPLE members of the media-both on and off the record, both on and off the tapes we (and I) listened to-that JueMichael Young, were he eligible, would be helping LSU win the West, and that he would DOMINATE the SEC.

He also said that not getting Shawnson Johnson eligible from Lee (Whose responsibility-ultimately-was that, John?) was the reason we couldn't dominate the NEXT year...On record, on tape, but, thanks to a favorable relationship he's built with the local media, never really castigated about.

What did those two players EVER do for LSU? Well, for one thing, they were BLAMED by their absence for LSU sucking, by their own head coach. Just like John Brady BLAMED a player specifically for losing to Georgia, like he did with Thomas Davis. Just like he BLAMED Kedrick Brown, whom never showed up and got drafted by the Celtics, for being too good and not really knowing whether he should recruit someone else. Just like he blamed Lloreda for selling his team out late in the stretch run.

In other words...You see a pattern developing...It's never been John Brady's fault. It's always something else to blame. Better yet, it's always been SOMEONE else to blame...and Brady has never shied away from being specific about whose to blame...But name me ONE time where he said, "I got outcoached.", or better yet, where he said, "We made some mistakes in recruiting these players," which its obvious its occurred...

The bench sucks...SO WHO THE HELL IS AT FAULT FOR IT?

JB, that's right...Let's-FOR ONCE, at least-lay blame where blame is due...At the feet of the man who DEFINES the term, "Lack of Accountability", John Brady, esquire...

8. TigerEducated

Hey Roy...I guess the old adage, "It takes one to know one," must not apply when speaking about these "quitters" and the guy that recruited them and was-and still is-charged with assessing their character?

Great judge of character, that guy is...Great judge of talent, too...Regis Koundjia, JueMichael Young...Talk about some amazing talents from the nanosecond they stepped on court...

LOL!

9. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

Well.. take those things away and you have a really tall cross-country team.

10. LSUGradin99

Or you could have.....

Someone who constantly keeps a hand in the face of a shooter, thus preventing him from getting off good shots. (Whipple)

Someone who is really good at setting screens and freeing up his teammates for shots. (Lazare, Neltner)

Someone who moves well without the ball and pre-occupies opposing teammates. (Whipple, Neltner)

Someone who ...... get the point yet?

It's not all about stats. Why do I even need to go into such detail to explain something so simple to you? Why?????

Like I have said earlier in this thread.... There definitely is a lack of a deep bench for LSU. This is painfully obvious when you see the amount of substitutions made by other teams in comparison to those made by LSU. I am with you on that part.

However, the quality of the bench play (and play in general) is not defined by those stats you emphasize. There is just so much more to it. The guys that contribute now do a fine job. LSU simply needs more of such people!