BB Tourney effect on LSU Recruiting?

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by CalcoTiger, Mar 24, 2006.

1. CalcoTiger

CalcoTiger Live Long and Prosper IVI

Do you think the way LSU has played will reap benefits on the recruiting front?

I guess it might depend on whether all the guys stay or leave early?

Man i hope they see what happenned to Bass and stay for a couple of years.

This already is a very fun team to watch. If we get a good ball handler and playmaker at the point position there is no telling what this team could do!!!

2. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Having a successful program always helps recruiting. I don't know if it will show in this class or not though.

3. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

There seems to be some doubt as to whether we have one or zero scholarships left. At any rate, things look good for next year. Tack returns, and Dameon Mason and he combined should fill up DMitch's points and assist average. GT should continue to be a defensive stopper and average maybe 6-7 a game.

4. NOSA

NOSA Founding Member

I know I read in the paper that we wanted to sign someone in the late signing period in April so I'm pretty sure we have one scholly. We won't see the effects of this until next year though.

5. blindside517

blindside517 Founding Member

hopefully a real traditional point guard...maybe even a juco player...

6. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

Brady needs to recruit some dependable 3 point shooters. How has he done so far in this area?

7. Cajun J

Cajun J Founding Member

Pistol Pete would have his way with these chumps. Could you imagine?

8. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

I gotta think that the combined effect of the Men's and Women's teams can only help recruiting. To have the men in the final four and the women in the elite 8 shows that LSU takes ALL sports seriously and is dedicated to all the programs. LSU is definitely not a one trick pony!

9. TGer'nLHornLand

TGer'nLHornLand Founding Member

We have to remember who Brady has on the bench. Both of Dameon Mason and Terry Martin have 2 to 2.5 years left in purple and gold and both shoot close to 40% from 3 point land as heir apparent shooting guard replacements for D.Mitch.

I think that the Tigers going to the Final Four has the good and not so good consequences on recruiting. Clearly the good is it puts LSU BACK on the basketball map, it legitimizes and strengthens John Brady and his reputation, it puts fans back in the stands, and this is all great for recruits (like, the primary targets of our affections, Jai Lucas PG from Houston, and Leonard Washington, a SF from LA). The flipside is if we win the NC, will BigBaby and T-Train keep their word and come back? I'd say with all the attention they're both getting, they could easily be first rounders. The question is how high can they go? They're not #2 Stro' type picks, but late lottery? Possibly. So, we have to sit on our hands until late April/May to sweat out whether someone leaves early.

And, so, Brady and Butch may be left scrambling in a few months... and have to then better understand do they go "big" and look for some size to replace the dynamic duo down low or smaller. Regardless, we need a point, and hopefully us being in the Final Four with commentators continually talking about how we don't have a true point some kids will take note.:)

:geauxtige :bball: :champs: LSU IS A BASKETBALL SCHOOL. BRING THE MAGIC BACK TO THE PMAC!!!

10. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Players leaving early isn't a consequence on recruiting, but it is on the entire team. Success doesn't come without a price, but it's not like we didn't have to worry about this before, so it's a price I shall gladly accept. I hope that both Tyrus & Big Baby stay, and feel like there's a good chance it will happen because we should be an even better team next year & both could use some skill sharpening. They will also have Brandon Bass & Shaq telling them to stay, so that will help.

Beating Texas was huge for recruiting, because we they are a great program right next door we fight them for some recruits. A final four appearance truly legitimizes our team, and I don't think you can understate the importance it will have on game attendence.